Decades Feeder Bracket - 1970 Final Four

Started by MetalDog, April 20, 2017, 09:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well.  I learned something new today.  American Woman is more popular than Layla.  Didn't think it was possible, but, I have a feeling I'll see a lot more of that as these brackets go by.  Up next for The Guess Who juggernaut, Lola, by The Kinks.  An all time favorite band of mine and criminally underrated.  The 2/3 pits future label mates, Led Zeppelin against Paul Rodgers (soon to be of Bad Company (who I am sure we will see later)).  Immigrant Song is an ass kicker, but, more of a, "Get HYPED," kind of way.  All Right Now is just a plain ol' rocker.  Interested in which way you all go on this one.

The 4/8

The 2/3

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

American Woman and Layla was a hard choice.  I ended going with American Woman though.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

^ I would excoriate you for that, but I know too many other people that did, too :(

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2017, 09:34:11 PM
those are some shitty options.

Maybe if people voted the matchups instead the songs they like, you might not be stuck with them :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

trailrunner

Quote from: MetalDog on April 20, 2017, 09:26:21 PM
Well.  I learned something new today.  American Woman is more popular than Layla.

The world has come to an end.    :'(