Fly the Friendly Skies

Started by mirth, April 10, 2017, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

It ain't buried all that deep  ::)

bayonetbrant

oy vey

http://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/4/29/15471634/american-airlines-raise

Quote"This is frustrating. Labor is being paid first again," wrote Citi analyst Kevin Crissey in a widely circulated note. "Shareholders get leftovers."

QuoteJP Morgan's Jamie Baker was even more scathing than Crissey.

"We are troubled by AAL's wealth transfer of nearly $1 billion to its labor groups," he wrote,
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 29, 2017, 08:25:05 PM
oy vey

http://www.vox.com/new-money/2017/4/29/15471634/american-airlines-raise

Quote"This is frustrating. Labor is being paid first again," wrote Citi analyst Kevin Crissey in a widely circulated note. "Shareholders get leftovers."

QuoteJP Morgan's Jamie Baker was even more scathing than Crissey.

"We are troubled by AAL's wealth transfer of nearly $1 billion to its labor groups," he wrote,

Vox was typically leftist, but I can see their point.  If American was paying significantly below the prevailing wage they would lose their better people over time.  I can also understand stock holders reaction of a short term sell-off due to a firm spending $1 billion and raising fixed labor costs.  Both the Vox article, and the reaction of the markets and financial writers have their points.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My 2017 choice for "Balls of the Year" award.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Maybe I'm a grump but I HATE the "I'M CRYYYYIIIIING" and "I'M SCREAAAMMMING" comments on memes like that.

No. No, you're not crying, nor are you screaming. You likely sniffed in derisive laughter, then pulled your phone so you could take a quick picture and try to get attention on the Internet.

:pullhair:

Gusington

You really need some intimate time with your lawn.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I hate yardwork more than anything.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Kids need to stay off it too, otherwise I get bitched at.

Gusington

You are a complex old bastard.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat