Sorry - been a busy jock

Started by JudgeDredd, March 24, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 24, 2017, 06:36:24 PM
Glad to see you back JD!

Quote from: JudgeDredd on March 24, 2017, 05:03:31 PM

No doubt there must have been times during this herculean endeavor when you'd feared you'd lost the plot.
lol - thanks. Found it eventually
Alba gu' brath

jamus34

Good to see ya JD.

I concur that redoing a kitchen sucks.

Ours was in similar condition - House was built in 1950's...Kitchen was mostly original from 1950's.

BTW, is that your beer fridge?  :crazy2: Ya'll got some skinny arse reefers across the pond. Can barely fit a case of JC in there.
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

Hey JD! Lots of work but that counter and sink look great. Well done.  :bd:

MetalDog

Nice to see you back, JD!  Place wasn't the same without you :)  Nice work in the kitchen  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MikeGER

HURRA JD  :D   :hug:
(we all were a little bit worried about either your health status or being droven off by some politics curfews somewhere in threads i didn't read) 

your Revell 1:1 miniature of a contemporary British kitchen is outstanding   ^-^
and you got the model fully functional too :)

you did not clip the counter (workplace) compleatly so  ....i see a furious discussion starting here  ;)

left is clipped right is not  ^-^

JudgeDredd

Thanks MG - just soooooooooooo busy.

That corner was "clipped" (just for Barth) because of it's position (there's a door to the conservatory on the left and so people walk in towards that corner). However, I did say to the missus we should have them all done (this was mentioned by me before he came round to do the tops). She said no - fine with square corners everywhere else.

However - having seen it, she's of the mind that we'll have the other corners clipped - just like corners should be - and so he's coming round today to clip them

So never fear my friend - I knew what needed to happen, was over-ruled then sat back like a good wee husband and allowed her to make the right decision in the end :DD (well played JD I think  :bd: )
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MetalDog on March 24, 2017, 11:57:41 PM
Nice to see you back, JD!  Place wasn't the same without you :)  Nice work in the kitchen  O0

Thanks MD :coolsmiley:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on March 24, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
Hey JD! Lots of work but that counter and sink look great. Well done.  :bd:
Thank you. Chippy done a great job of the worktop. We're pleased.

Although I've not fully finished oiling - apparently with real wood it's something you have to do fairly regularly (every 3 months?)
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jamus34 on March 24, 2017, 07:16:37 PM
Good to see ya JD.

I concur that redoing a kitchen sucks.

Ours was in similar condition - House was built in 1950's...Kitchen was mostly original from 1950's.

BTW, is that your beer fridge?  :crazy2: Ya'll got some skinny arse reefers across the pond. Can barely fit a case of JC in there.
lol - thanks Jamus

That's just a British fridge. Actually, that is a big fridge. Normally those size units in the UK are half fridge and half freezer - that's all fridge.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

I'm stunned none of the Americans even noticed with washing machine in the kitchen...

Looks great, JD :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Welcome back JD.  We had our kitchen redone a few years ago.  The wife did the demo and tiled the back splash, but we had everything else done by a contractor.

I noticed the washer in the kitchen also.  Is that a European thing to keep you wives in the kitchen more and the TV for yourselves.  :P
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 25, 2017, 06:45:02 AM
I'm stunned none of the Americans even noticed with washing machine in the kitchen...

Looks great, JD :)

This American had one of those in his kitchen in his first place in DC.  ;)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

My favourite Scottish person except maybe rab c Nesbit!!

So is this new kitchen payback for all the games and models or is your way now paved to 4000 pounds worth of new pic and steam library

JudgeDredd

Thanks all.

Bigger houses have "utility" rooms. But I honestly don't think you 'Muricans understand the cost of property in the UK. You get VERY little for your cash here - through years of mismanagement by the government and artificially inflated market and prices.

Big fridges and utility rooms are reserved for properties in the region of (and I'm not joking) between 1/4 and a 1/2 a million £. Our house is worth about £250,000 and we bought it for £80,000 17 years ago - an increase of about £10,000pa. As an idea, if I was to sell, I'd be lucky if I probably couldn't even get a single room flat in London for that money.

Have a look at this property costing £350,000 - it's a new build, so not particularly big (in terms of square metres)
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-63949316.html?premiumA=true
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 25, 2017, 07:35:49 AM
My favourite Scottish person except maybe rab c Nesbit!!

So is this new kitchen payback for all the games and models or is your way now paved to 4000 pounds worth of new pic and steam library
lol - not payback. She's wanted a new kitchen for the past 5 years. We're just in a position to be able to afford to do it. A new PC is on the cards for next year - no worries there. As for my Steam Library, I'm very saddened to see I couldn't buy much (if anything) in the sale because I had so many  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath