America at the Bar

Started by bayonetbrant, March 14, 2017, 11:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Bwahaha!!  Those are great! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Oklahoma is a guy who just got off from a 12 hour shift in the oil field and is drinking a Bud or dozen, chasing it with a shot now and then and staying out too late since he has to work again in the morning. Oh and he might want to fight before he leaves the bar.

Staggerwing

They got Connecticut mixed up with Westchester County, NY (which seems to extend a ways into Connecticut but no further than Westport or so). When you get further east into most of the state every third town is a former mill-or-factory town.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Florida is drinking moonshine while riding an alligator through the orange grove to the nearest Publix. NAILED IT!  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

OFFICIAL CANCON**

Alberta- a young wannabe Texas cowboy with oil rigger hands, drinking Coors banquet. Has big dreams of saving, but spends all his money on hookers and blow.

Saskatchewan- Alberta's dumber younger brother that wants to be like Alberta. Drinks Pilsner from the bottle and listens to Merle/Waylon/Willie on the jukebox.

British Columbia- a hot liberal vegan dressed to the nines. She drinks whatever the boys are buying her, and there's more than a few buying. She likes to lecture people about living more environmentaly consciously, but nobody is listening - they are staring at her gorgeous cleavage.

Ontario- what a young hot mess grows into. She looks OK, but her prime is years back - after too many bad decisions. She is drinking expensive icewine that she can't afford and hanging with New York. She's annoyed that the rest of her Canadian siblings don't like her.

Quebec- a snotty Frenchman wearing sunglasses, a tailored lumberjack shirt and $300 jeans (sporting a hipster beard, university education inspired) drinking some obscure wine that is actually really tasty. He doesn't give a shit who he's hanging with because he's better than everyone else but very sociable. Every once in a while he bitch slaps Louisiana for being so stupid, uncool and unsophisticated.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

trailrunner

I don't think of Pennsylvania as a pretty preppy girl.  Nothing wrong with the state, but that's not the image of it that I have.

airboy

If the Pennsylvania is from Philly, you have to live with her abusing every official of every sporting team.  The abuse of officials is however secondary to their abuse of their own players.  But if you agree that the Philly players suck and the officials are horrible while buying her Yuenglings she will be very "agreeable."

mirth

QuoteMaine is wearing an LL Bean flannel and drinking Allen's Coffee Brandy

That's racist! >:(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

That ain't water in the Jack, though.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

If Pennsylvania were from Pittsburgh in the 80s, it would not be a preppy looking girl.
Knew a family of Polish steel workers from there.  The wife/mother said that any family get-together that had fewer than three fistfights was called a success.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.