Wolf Brand Chili

Started by solops, February 28, 2017, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

How much is Wolf going for on Amazon these days?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

I did a Google on Wolf Brand Chile and found quite a few complaints in 2016 about watery chili, even chili with mold in it. Yuck. So much for the great Texas chili brand. Thanks ConAgra. At least Quaker Oats did not mess it up while they had it. Guess I'll just make some more myself. I like to add a teensy bit of the brisket I smoke for 12 hours at 200-225 deg to my ground beef/venison chili. It gives the chili a great flavor.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

jamus34

Quote from: OJsDad on February 28, 2017, 08:14:10 PM
Wish i could find some that raises buffalo.

There is actually have a buffalo farm in NJ.

Steel - I probably make about 3x the amount we need (although that is shifting as I continue to decipher the blackholes that are developing in place of my children's stomachs) to have lunches and meals ready to go.

Brisket chili is awesome Solops...I really need to smoke some packers again soon...I think I'm out.

EDIT - I didn't want to imply I raise buffalo. I know jack about schit on raising animals.
Insert witty comment here.

Boggit

Quote from: solops on March 01, 2017, 03:45:07 PM
I like to add a teensy bit of the brisket I smoke for 12 hours at 200-225 deg to my ground beef/venison chili. It gives the chili a great flavor.
When can I come round! :bd:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Guess I'll just make some more myself. I like to add a teensy bit of the brisket I smoke for 12 hours at 200-225 deg to my ground beef/venison chili. It gives the chili a great flavor.

FAR better making chili yourself.

I've never had canned chili that tasted "good".  Ick.   :buck2:   Must be an acquired taste.

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on March 07, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
Guess I'll just make some more myself. I like to add a teensy bit of the brisket I smoke for 12 hours at 200-225 deg to my ground beef/venison chili. It gives the chili a great flavor.

FAR better making chili yourself.

I've never had canned chili that tasted "good".  Ick.   :buck2:   Must be an acquired taste.

Kinda like how 99% of the US thinks Domino's/Pizza hut/papa johns is good pizza?

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on March 08, 2017, 07:20:30 PM
Preach it, brother!

*Ahem*

I say...BROTHERS...we will not lay down to grease infested, cardboard crust tomato sauce slathered crud.

We shall RISE...and CONSUME...pizza that is fit to be called the name.

We shall top it how we please...for Broccoli on pizza IS A MORTAL SIN...

ok, I think I'm done...I would never cut it as a Baptist minister.

First off because I savor my Scotch almost as much as anything on this planet.

Sir Slash

Church of the Home-Made. AAAAAH-Men!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

I must respond to this hi-Jack of the lovely chile thread. I like Poppa Johns pizza. I take it home and add mounds of onion, cheese and pepperoni. I add garlic, oregano, pepper, basil, jalapenos and  more pepper. Then I re-bake and eat. And yes, I have added chili, too :-)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

bbmike

Quote from: jamus34 on March 08, 2017, 08:49:25 AM
Kinda like how 99% of the US thinks Domino's/Pizza hut/papa johns is good pizza?

It is good pizza when you're too lazy to cook or even get off the couch.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

Quote from: jamus34 on March 08, 2017, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 08, 2017, 07:20:30 PM
Preach it, brother!

First off because I savor my Scotch almost as much as anything on this planet.

Testify!   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I fried up some Spam last week, and it still holds up.

If you're looking for something out of a can to throw in your gut. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Barthheart

Fried Spam is great. One canoe trip we forgot to pack butter to cook our pancakes with. So we fried the Spam first and used the left over grease to cook the pancakes. Great stuff.  O0