Darwin Awards candidate

Started by steve58, January 30, 2017, 02:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Tree stumps all over Maine breath a sigh of relief.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

Quote from: besilarius on February 11, 2017, 08:57:25 AM
It takes a lot of work to destroy a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVDIMWAUGXU

My grandfather loved that movie. I remember watching it with him.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

SirAndrewD

Speaking of Darwin Awards.  Of course a Encyclopedia can stop a .50 round.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/29/he-thought-a-book-would-stop-a-bullet-and-make-him-a-youtube-star-now-hes-dead/

Tragic for all involved, but I seriously can't grasp the amount of stupidity required for this to occur.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

mirth

Horrible. Incredibly stupid, but still awful.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Well he got his fame alright. But at a too terrible cost I'd say. Better to be alive with a pretty girlfriend like that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Sir Slash