"Feeling Old" 2017 Edition

Started by mirth, January 24, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

Does your father dress all in black? If so then he may be Johnny Cash.  8)   Or the other guy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 19, 2017, 02:25:53 PM
Does your father dress all in black? If so then he may be Johnny Cash.  8)   Or the other guy.

Snape?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Ajax & Angel on their way to a midnight showing of Blade II
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

You're just pissed you didn't think of it first
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Actually I was thinking about Capt. Kangaroo. He dressed kind of blackish didn't he? Or was that Mr. Greenjeans? What am I thinking? Greenjeans wore..... green.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Bardolph

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 19, 2017, 07:19:55 AM
Quote from: bbmike on May 19, 2017, 06:48:11 AM
Star Wars appeared in theaters for the first time 40 years ago this month.

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-40th-anniversary-a-new-hope/

I still have a special edition of this : VHS

So I was in the local Goodwill the other day, checking for wargames, which occasionally turn up there. As I passed by the register at the front of the store I saw a gentleman of roughly my age buying a stack of unopened, blank VHS tapes. The young man behind the register, who looked to be in his early 20's said "What are these?"... "VHS tapes"... "Yes it says that on the box, but what are they for?". I kept walking, but a little slower, and sadder.

Sir Slash

You should've told the uneducated youth that VHS stands for, "Very Horny Sophomores " with a sly grin and a wink.  ^-^   It'd serve the little Perv right.

bayonetbrant

OK, Bes, Steelie, Windi, et al...

how many of y'all had one of these?

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!