Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 12, 2017, 09:15:38 AM
The only pre-review that really matters so far:

By 45 seconds in I was laughing so hard my face hurt. At work.

This x10

;D

JudgeDredd

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....

It was bloody good. We thoroughly enjoyed it  O0 O0 O0
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Do all the villains still have English accents?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

I should jolly-well hope so, old chap.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

OK. My 2 cents. A very good movie but not quite the film "The Force Awakens" was. I thought it was a little too predictable at times and some of the action was a little silly and it lacked a bit of the emotional appeal of the previous film. But when it did it's Luke vs Kylo vs Rey vs Snoke thing it was spot on. Great ending and a couple of surprise appearances throw-in give it a solid 7.5 out of 10 in my humble opinion. Lord Above, I've never seen so many nerds in any one place in my life. It was like somebody crashed a 747 full of them out in the parking lot.   :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MetalDog

On my way to see the first showing of the day.  Fingers crossed that it's any good  :bd:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Good or good not, there is no 'any good' 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Ok.  So, first off, it's better than Force Awakens.  No repeats (or remakes of entire previous movies) here.  Second, it's very action-y.  Not a whole lot of plot.  Third, it's super freakin' awesome to see Luke Skywalker back in action again.  Can't be more specific without giving anything away, but, if you like Star Wars, you should like this movie.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Grim.Reaper

liked it for sure, but not overwhelmed by it....it will be interesting to see where it goes from here

mirth

Honestly, Force Awakens was pretty meh. An improvement over the prequels, but that ain't saying much.

SirAndrewD

It's good.  Surprising in their decisions on where to go with the story, but good. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Not a fan of the Porgs or whatever the screaming penguins were. Chewy had the right idea of what to do with them. Glad Leia didn't show up in the bikini. Wish Rey had.