The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Could get worse. Every time I fly I get the seat where the little kids with the PB & J sandwich have just been.  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

It wasn't kids and that wasn't pb&j.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Beat me to it. 36 degrees for tonights Cubs/Yankees. Wish me luck.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Thirty Six? Yikes! Better keep your balls and bat in a warm place.   ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Back in the apartment now thawing out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I told you around May 20, 2000, I was in Albany NY and there was 4 inches of snow overnight.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I broke out the AC today. I guess Winter is finally over.

This is probably the latest I have ever waited to install it on the second floor. We had one hot day in May, but otherwise it has been pleasantly cool until this weekend.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 11, 2017, 10:16:51 AM
I broke out the AC today. I guess Winter is finally over.

This is probably the latest I have ever waited to install it on the second floor. We had one hot day in May, but otherwise it has been pleasantly cool until this weekend.

it's Winter down on the ground floor at my parents' place.  My toes are f'n' freezing down here while I'm monitoring a conf call for work
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

It's 83 outside and about 66 on the first floor of my place. I don't run AC on the first floor. Just keep the blinds closed and a couple of fans on.

Second floor is a different story. The roof is old and not well insulated. Heats up in a hurry up there. It wouldn't be habitable without AC.

Gusington

90+ out here at softball practice. Basting in my own jewces.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

Thank you. I think my punskill improves as my brain cooks.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 11, 2017, 10:31:15 AMThe roof is old and not well insulated.

Can you not roll down some insulation in the crawlspace?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers