Started by Cyrano, December 27, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

lol - your gaming addiction is expanding  O0
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 29, 2016, 06:18:53 PM
lol - your gaming addiction is expanding  O0

Sad but true:(  Been in kind of a funk with all gaming lately, just nothing completely holding my attention....thought I would try something new.  We'll see how these turn out....I do have my eye on the B-17 Leader coming out next year, but not sure I will ever spend $90 on a board game (darn you NWS for not carrying them anymore).

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 29, 2016, 06:14:47 PM
Darn this thread...made my second board game purchase of Apache Leader....NWS had it only for $36, hard to pass up for a solo player (at least that is what I hear).  I haven't even unboxed Warfighter WWII that I received from Christmas:)   Hoping I don't just buy these and up staring at them like I do a number of the PC games I buy:)

Mmmm Apache Leader. 

BanzaiCat

Thunderbolt/Apache Leader is great! Both versions.  \m/

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 29, 2016, 08:36:09 PM

I am hoping:)  But I have to wait until late January to actually play it, will be a birthday gift...wife loves it when I make her shopping easy:)

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 29, 2016, 08:36:09 PM

T/A Leader is one of the 'free' games you can choose to accompany the Kickstarter pledge for Sherman Leader now that it has really taken off:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Well, too late for me:(  Would have been a nice deal....but mine already shipped today, so no going back.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

DennisS

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 29, 2016, 06:14:47 PM
Darn this thread...made my second board game purchase of Apache Leader....NWS had it only for $36, hard to pass up for a solo player (at least that is what I hear).  I haven't even unboxed Warfighter WWII that I received from Christmas:)   Hoping I don't just buy these and up staring at them like I do a number of the PC games I buy:)

I am comfortable stating that I have more than 95% of ALL solitaire wargames ever made. Apache Leader certainly ranks in my personal top three, along with Carriers! and B-17.

bayonetbrant

do you count the VPG States of Siege games on that list? :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

...and based on a new FB post, it would appear a peace has emerged in our time and NWS will again stock DVG.

Huzzah.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2017, 06:26:50 PM
do you count the VPG States of Siege games on that list? :)

From the little I've experienced of them, I get the impression that the cool parts are the varied historical event cards which make them interesting. 

Other than that, it's just rolling dice to keep pushing counters back up a few tracks as they slowly progress to kill you at the terminus.  Like fighting a chutes & ladders death clock.  :P

Quote from: Cyrano on January 13, 2017, 10:34:26 AM
...and based on a new FB post, it would appear a peace has emerged in our time and NWS will again stock DVG.

Huzzah.

That's good.  Although I had a retailer tell me that DVG doesn't give much profit mark-up room compared to most other tabletop game companies.  I wonder if that's part of the reason they're thinly represented on shelves..?

Cyrano

...and it would now appear that there's peace with both GMT and TPS.

Interesting admission in the official post that the latter has been re-added by popular demand.

Our eensy-weensy niche will be SERVED.

Good news all around.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

DennisS

Quote from: Cyrano on January 15, 2017, 11:34:21 PM
...and it would now appear that there's peace with both GMT and TPS.

Interesting admission in the official post that the latter has been re-added by popular demand.

Our eensy-weensy niche will be SERVED.

Good news all around.

This IS good news! BREAK OUT THE MASTERCARD!!!!!!     :uglystupid2:

Warship NWS

Hi everyone, just to clarify.. I cover MMP, LW, TPS, ATO, Compass, WG, GMT, and PSC for board games.

Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store
http://www.nwswargaming.net