BlitzMax (or please gameleaper help me!)

Started by bbmike, December 24, 2016, 03:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

gameleaper's recent RPG tools inspired me to finally try BlitzMax. I am now able to run and successfully modify the code graciously posted in this thread.
I've run into a problem, though. It looks like all versions of BlitzMax are free now and the coding has changed. I can't seem to find any good tutorials or references on the new version. It also looks like the BlitzMax creator has started something new call Monkey-X. My question is: is there a good source for updated tutorial information or should I just ditch BlitzMax and choose another 2D game language (like Monkey-X or LÖVE)?

And yes, mirth, I know I just basically posted Monkey Love above.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Monkey X, is made to allow you to compile apps for mobile devices, Ive not done much in monkey its similar to blitzmax but has things missing and other things added. blitzmax is still a very good app you should stick with it , I don't think its free parts of it are now open source but I don't think the editor etc are free , but if it all is free don't discard it, you can see what you can do by my apps and they run on windows and Macs and Linux, its a perfect 2D games creator, but its only 32bit. tutorials have never been available, what you do is grab code from the code archive and edit and change then to suit, its BASIC so easy for newbies to get into.

its old I don't know how it keeps up with modern PCs but it still does.