Assassins Creed Games - thoughts?

Started by JudgeDredd, November 29, 2016, 02:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yes Rogue has sailing and a 1750s era Manhattan Island 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Yeah? How did I miss this one? Does it have a LOT of sailing, like Black Flag? How good is it?  :arr:
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

Rogue isn't bad at all but if you've played a lot of AssCreed then it will tend to get a little samey.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Thanks all.

Well, I was going to start with Assassins Creed and really delve in...whilst the graphics still look pretty good...but the sale is over - so I am holding off for the moment.

I think I might well pick up AC soon to give it a go and then see where I go.

I vaguely remember playing the first AC - but for love nor money, I don't know where I bought it from, whether it was physical or digital or indeed when I bout it and I certainly can't remember much about the gameplay. I do remember jumping off a building after being chased and blending into the crowd (though how that was possible I don't know because I had a fairly distinct look!!)

I'm on the fence - still. I'm not hugely into stealth stuff. I still haven't played Thief (a poor 39 minutes!!) and Hitman:Absolution (6 hours after several attempts (restarts) to get into it)
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

aaach. I've just downloaded Thief again - see if it grabs me given a decent chance.

Thanks everyone  O0
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

You haven't played Thief? Oh the humanity...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2016, 08:18:04 PM
Rogue isn't bad at all but if you've played a lot of AssCreed then it will tend to get a little messy. Bring plastic sheeting to sit on.

Fixed!  :cowboy:

p.s. AssCreed

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

So I just bought the massive Assassins Creed bundle at Ubi.  And even applied a Ubi Club 20% discount coupon.
I only payed the first one in the PS2 but I didn't finish it.  So this is a really long backlog.

JD, here's your chance to get into the game again!

JudgeDredd

Thanks Jomni

£85 is too much for me....but more than that, I started playing one of the ones they were giving away free (3?) and I got pretty bored really rather quickly.

So I'm going to skip the series.

But thanks for the heads up.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

:hug:That's interesting....bored by this, but sinks 250 hours into GR Wildlands. GR is basically the same game as AS....with guns.  :))
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

trek

I've played many of the AC games. My ratings of them boil down to these: I always liked the very first game because it was true to the original AC concept of being an Assassin and was based on true facts concerning the Assassins Cult during the Crusades. I never got into the AC set in Italy with Ezio. Tried AC set in revolutionary America and due to lack of interest as the story progressed never finished it. Initially I loved Black Flag but in the end got burned out on the Pirate & Naval Battles aspect of the game as I personally felt I was playing anything but an AC type of game.

I'm currently playing AC Unity and I'm finding it to be my favorite next to the first one. I think the Paris setting and story line is the best of the lot with more interesting characters and missions. Also, they revamped the controls and combat more to my liking.

I'm always hoping that Ubi will go back to the original Crusades time period and make a sequel to the first game with more of a stealth-assassin concept and less open combat but since they have to appeal to the masses who want more melee style action I guess that will never happen.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 20, 2017, 05:38:14 AM
:hug:That's interesting....bored by this, but sinks 250 hours into GR Wildlands. GR is basically the same game as AS....with guns.  :))
Ubisoft have certainly worked something out.

Whilst their games are repetitive, there's something there that keeps you going back. I can't quite nail it and it's probably not one thing but a combination - perhaps reward, simplicity, story.....

From Far Cry 3 through Far Cry 4 into The Division and Ghost Recon:Wildlands I've seen repetitive gameplay but which doesn't detract from going back to the games again and again and again.

So - whatever you're doing Ubi - keep going. 250 hours for a £50 game isn't too bad at all  O0 O0
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

The next AssCreed is set in ancient Egypt.

JD you may like the AssCreed from a couple of years ago set in Victorian London.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd