GMT's New P500s

Started by Nefaro, November 19, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah but Schweinfurt doesn't really fit in with the theme of the series as well. 

Staggerwing

Too many planes at once? Not enough maneuvering?

I guess Ploesti's low-level attack requirements would make it more Dambuster-like.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup, pretty much.  The precise timing and treetop level nature of the Ploesti raid sort of lends itself to the series' overall theme.  Schweinfurt/Regensburg is too massive, I think.

The Tirpitz raid and maybe Penemunde (although that's probably too big as well) would also be interesting.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Fields of Despair looks interesting. If only someone could have showed me how to play it...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

You were too busy trying to find a game of Munchkin.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

And that Master of Orion board game.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

You really wanted that.

Cyrano

Not a single Napoleonic game in the bunch.

I may agitate...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

^ Agitation is for COIN games.  >:D

Speaking of which, I see Colonial Twilight: The French-Algierian War heading the list. It's the only one really designed for solitaire play, too.

Liberty or Death for a more traditional 4-player COIN game, is getting a reprint, too.

As for Napoleon, I saw this in the list: https://www.gmtgames.com/p-632-austerlitz-1805-rising-eagles.aspx

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 20, 2017, 10:32:50 AM

Speaking of which, I see Colonial Twilight: The French-Algierian War heading the list. It's the only one really designed for solitaire play, too.

no, it's designed for 2-player play, but only having 1 bot to control instead of 3 makes it much more solitaire-friendly
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

"Designed for 2-players", "a full solitaire system" being marketed at maximum "solitaire suitability". Not denying the former, just parroting the latter.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

We're seeing more of that these days - games being made with a built-in solitaire system. Fields of Despair is a two player game, with a solitaire system out of the box.

bbmike

Fields of Despair has solitaire play?  :o
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2017, 10:55:51 AM
Fields of Despair has solitaire play?  :o

only for non-Munchkins
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers