"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 2000 Hours, 14th October 1806

Whoo-weee, we're having some fun now, aren't we kids?

If you need a locational sitrep or other information, please let me know.

I'm planning to begin fatigue calculation (with one exception) very soon.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

A pile of clarificatory dispatches just went out.

I'll wait through tomorrow to see if anyone cares to respond that then roll the clock...

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 2100 Hours, 14th October 1806

Thuringia is lousy with couriers, but we should be moving forward to fatigue calculation shortly.

Please turn your minds and attentions to 0600 orders!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 2300 Hours, 14th October 1806

Another flurry of nocturnal orders (given what I already know if this terrain, I just can't imagine these fellows making their way about successfully, but there it is) so I pause just a moment, although the clock did advance by TWO hours!!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0000, 15th October 1806

Fatigue calculation is done.

Lots of couriers still on the hoof so I won't fly to 0600, but I will march daily through these hours to keep the pace up a bit.

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0100, 15th October 1806!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0200, 15th October 1806!

Very curious to find out in a small way just how readily these couriers would have gotten about...

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0300, 15th October 1806!

Here comes the sun...well, in a few hours anyway.

Pinetree

Just a few hours until it's time to turn some Prussians into Choucroute garnie...
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Barthheart

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0400, 15th October 1806!

Spool up the choppers, boys...

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0500, 15th October 1806!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0600, 15th October 1806!

And that, my friends, is daylight.

Almost all orders are in place, so if you need anything further before the angry starts, let me know.

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0700, 15th October 1806!

And with that I have sent my 400th dispatch.

Nothing quite like having the dispatch sent 11 hours before finally arrive.  How did these men make war...

JasonPratt

Allow me to pat myself on the back for not adding to more of the dispatches yet before sunrise!  <:-)

(...hideous and indefensible procrastination, repurposed into charity: achieved.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!