To clip or not to clip...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Nice. I do like that. Could be a good little project.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on April 20, 2017, 08:41:57 AM
Some nice dice trays are next on my list.

Thankfully those are relatively cheap. 

Crossroads

Quote from: Nefaro on April 20, 2017, 04:46:14 PM
Quote from: mirth on April 20, 2017, 08:41:57 AM
Some nice dice trays are next on my list.

Thankfully those are relatively cheap.

Depends how you do the math on material cost  ...

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

chemkid

Quote from: mirth on April 20, 2017, 08:41:37 AM
No. Not really.
now, when one finishes to clip that cardboard pieces - one needs to cover the 'open' cardboard edge with nail polish to make these suckers watertight! HEAR ME?!  :D

Barthheart

Quote from: chemkid on April 21, 2017, 06:17:38 AM
No. Not really.
now, when one finishes to clip that cardboard pieces - one needs to cover the 'open' cardboard edge with nail polish to make these suckers watertight! HEAR ME?!  :D

But before that you need to colour the edges, to match the counter, with coloured markers.  :D

chemkid

Quote from: Barthheart on April 21, 2017, 07:01:00 AM
No. Not really.

But before that you need to colour the edges, to match the counter, with coloured markers.  :D
sure, that's how they do it, mate!! no waterproof marker, no sharpy just some good'ol dry-erase pen... :D

Bison

Ok you guys may be taking this obsession a little too far.

chemkid

nope, just the plain truth. that's exactly what happens after you grabbed your first pack of dragonshields to start sleeving your collection.

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on April 21, 2017, 07:01:00 AM
No. Not really.

The next thing you know you're cutting up maps and mounting the pieces on foamcore to make them 3D.

And getting a pedicure.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

chemkid

that would be over doing it, right? i'd rather recommend to frame your favorite maps and play something less valuable - that's all.

Bison

Quote from: chemkid on April 21, 2017, 07:10:17 AM
nope, just the plain truth. that's exactly what happens after you grabbed your first pack of dragonshields to start sleeving your collection.

Dragon Shield sleeves are ok, but not my preferred sleeve.  I've come to like the plain transparent Fantasy Flight sleeves.  I like to see the card art.  The key is to IMMEDIATELY sleeve after opening a new game.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

I'm thinking I'll make a trip to Hobby Lobby this evening.  I want to look at some shadow boxes and cork board.  I also want to price out a bulk cut of felt for an old kitchen table I plan on converting into my gaming table.  Nothing fancy like GJK and Mike did just a simple cover over the top.

Bison

mirth

Quote from: Bison on April 21, 2017, 10:40:41 AM
I'm thinking I'll make a trip to Hobby Lobby this evening.  I want to look at some shadow boxes and cork board.  I also want to price out a bulk cut of felt for an old kitchen table I plan on converting into my gaming table.  Nothing fancy like GJK and Mike did just a simple cover over the top.

Let me know what you find out about the dice tray materials. I'm not much of a DIYer, but I think I can manage the dice trays.