Oh my...Elite Dangerous:Horizons

Started by JudgeDredd, August 28, 2016, 04:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

undercovergeek

Kushan

Quote from: bob48 on January 07, 2017, 10:43:36 AM
I'm trying to get back into this after being away from it for some time. I did have to reinstall it after I replaced my HD, and I'm now setting up my X45 combo again. For some reason, I'm having lots of problems in getting this sorted out, although it all worked perfectly well before.

I'm trying to assign free head movement to one of the HAT switches, but nothing I select seems to work - can anyone offer me any advice please?

I had to install the Saitek drivers to get my X55 to work but after that its worked perfectly.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bayonetbrant

Pete Dero

2.3 The Commanders update is released today.

Changelog : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/341916

Commander Creator
Multi-Crew

mikeck

Came across this video. Guy is an insanely competent pilot. It does however give a great look at how the game has come along relating to planetary activity. He is raiding an imperial outpost as a mercenary. The 2:00 mark is a great place to see his talent but after that fight, be sure to go to about 7:50 and watch. In between those times he manages to raid the bases in his lander.

It's just a good look at planetary piloting, landing and combat. With the added "engineers", missions, various conflicts and new found alien life, I feel like there is a ton to do now. Allying with various corporations and raiding other groups, fighting for insirgencies or whatever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUbV3Zq62BA
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Not sure this is the newest thread but I searched and this Is what came up. Anyway elite beyond chapter 4 was just released today. A huge update with better visuals, night vision, planet surface skimming and a new astroid mining system where you plant detonation probes and blow up the asteroids and such.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6Bb3OXPaU
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Pete Dero

If you are new to the game and want to try it out :

Elite Dangerous: Commander Deluxe Edition : $ 12 or 11.99 €  (-76%)  (base game + Horizons DLC)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/475180/Elite_Dangerous_Commander_Pack/

sandman2575

Quote from: mikeck on December 11, 2018, 05:48:18 PM
Not sure this is the newest thread but I searched and this Is what came up. Anyway elite beyond chapter 4 was just released today. A huge update with better visuals, night vision, planet surface skimming and a new astroid mining system where you plant detonation probes and blow up the asteroids and such.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6Bb3OXPaU

I'm seriously tempted to jump back into this. Haven't played seriously in well over a year. I expect if I booted up now I'd be pretty amazed by all the changes.

Question is, do I have the patience to deal with my Track IR and HOTAS configs etc. etc. I've been avoiding flight sims for a while now, just don't have the energy/time to set all this stuff up...

Part of me still really does not understand the scorn heaped on Elite. I do get the 'it's grindy and repetitive' knock, it definitely can feel that way after a while, which is why I stopped playing a while back. But just on its own terms -- not comparing it to Star Citizen or all the things Elite lacks that SC is going to have -- Elite is an absolutely amazing achievement. The attention to detail, the experience of flying and exploring and fighting -- the sheer breadth of the galaxy (no game has ever made me feel more awe at the size of space than puttering around in the galaxy map in Elite and then trying to get from A to a distant point B) -- if you have not tried Elite yet, put aside any preconceived ideas and buy it at this give-away price of $12... I promise you will be very impressed.

Jarhead0331

Without having any intention of doing so, I ended up playing this for about 3 hours tonight. Flight, docking and combat doesn't seem to have changed much since I played last, which is probably 6 to 9 months ago. It's pretty easy to make a good living just doing haulage runs. I go between solthis and ceos, which is only a quick 8.90LY hop, delivering cargo. In just a few trips I made about 7,000,000 and I'm in a Python...so if I had a larger hold, I could run more missions at once and make more faster.

They did make one change to these courier missions that I didn't pick up on at first. You used to accept the mission and the cargo would automatically be loaded into your hold. Now, you have to select the quantity of the goods you want to load from the depot after you accept the mission. The good thing about this is you can accept multiple missions, even if you can't  do them all at once due to limited cargo space. You simply make more than one trip to complete the missions.

There do seem to be a lot of new mechanics with respect to exploration and discovery, but I haven't tinkered with any of it yet. Anyway, still a fantastic game, but I'm not really eager to get very involved again.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Jarhead your issue with the auto load courier missions now being manual load was something I got caught by as a noob as well. I had done an initial noob mission where the cargo was auto loaded as it was data. Must have been a patch as the next time I came back and did a mission I ended at my destination with no cargo. I then thought I must have to buy it. Finally I looked at the mission screen again in great detail and found the obscure button in the right middle of the screen. Apart from that I think elite is very polished as games go these days.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"