2016 Grogheads Fantasy Football Leagues

Started by Bison, August 15, 2016, 12:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

The leagues are now open.  Pro League just post your two keepers in the thread here so Metaldog or I know who to ensure is staying on your team.

Metaldog will be handling the forum updates.

Thanks and good luck.

Bison

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Rookie League Link https://yho.com/nfl?l=632970&k=3b6ed24e9ffe4531&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=008311e899ba5f49

The rookie league max is 12 managers.  The eight managers from last season were sent a rejoin link to their email associated with the league.  Last years managers will be given until the end of the month to rejoin before their team is dropped from the league.  So as it stands right now there are four available slots for managers.  Just click the link above to join the rookie league.

Pro League -  The eight managers from last season have been sent a rejoin email.  We can expand to 12 managers but we need an even number for the league to be accepted by yahoo.

Keeper Rules: 2 per team.  The keeper players will occupy a draft slot, which will be assigned as either one round higher than they were drafted last season.  I.e. a player drafted in the 5th round will cost a 4th round slot this year.  1st round choices from last season will occupy your 1st round slot in this years draft.  A player picked up on the wires last season will be assigned to the round that yahoo projects them to be drafted this year.

Live Draft:  Date TBD.  Most likely the last weekend in August or first weekend in September.  Which ever works for the most managers.

OJsDad if you want in the pro league just let Metaldog or I know.  Also Kushan wanted to join the pro league so if he still does that would bring us up to 10 managers if everyone from last year rejoins this year.  MD or I will send you the join league link if that is what you want to do.

Hope that answers any questions you might have.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bison on August 15, 2016, 04:55:28 PM
Rookie League Link https://yho.com/nfl?l=632970&k=3b6ed24e9ffe4531&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=008311e899ba5f49

The rookie league max is 12 managers.  The eight managers from last season were sent a rejoin link to their email associated with the league.  Last years managers will be given until the end of the month to rejoin before their team is dropped from the league.  So as it stands right now there are four available slots for managers.  Just click the link above to join the rookie league.

Pro League -  The eight managers from last season have been sent a rejoin email.  We can expand to 12 managers but we need an even number for the league to be accepted by yahoo.

Keeper Rules: 2 per team.  The keeper players will occupy a draft slot, which will be assigned as either one round higher than they were drafted last season.  I.e. a player drafted in the 5th round will cost a 4th round slot this year.  1st round choices from last season will occupy your 1st round slot in this years draft.  A player picked up on the wires last season will be assigned to the round that yahoo projects them to be drafted this year.

Live Draft:  Date TBD.  Most likely the last weekend in August or first weekend in September.  Which ever works for the most managers.

OJsDad if you want in the pro league just let Metaldog or I know.  Also Kushan wanted to join the pro league so if he still does that would bring us up to 10 managers if everyone from last year rejoins this year.  MD or I will send you the join league link if that is what you want to do.

Hope that answers any questions you might have.

Hello....went to the link I received in email for Rookie league, but there was not a "rejoin" option....seems to say the team is already active, even in the email....just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a special option that I needed to turn on to confirm acceptance.

OJsDad

I've never done fantasy football, so I'll probably try the rookie league this year. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 15, 2016, 05:10:06 PM

Hello....went to the link I received in email for Rookie league, but there was not a "rejoin" option....seems to say the team is already active, even in the email....just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a special option that I needed to turn on to confirm acceptance.

Yahoo changed the way it works this year.  In prior years, you would have to rejoin but apparently they decided to make it more difficult on league admin this year.  So your team is "active" once the league is renewed and there is no way for admin to actually know if a manager plans on playing or not.  I don't understand the change but it is what it is.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bison on August 15, 2016, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 15, 2016, 05:10:06 PM

Yahoo changed the way it works this year.  In prior years, you would have to rejoin but apparently they decided to make it more difficult on league admin this year.  So your team is "active" once the league is renewed and there is no way for admin to actually know if a manager plans on playing or not.  I don't understand the change but it is what it is.

No problem...I plan to play so count me in.

CptHowdy

signed up for rookie league. take it easy on me!

Con

I am sort of on the fence on playing fantasy this year.  I wonder if I am symptomatic of fans beginning to lose interest due to the way the league has been conducting itself.  I am truly for the first time indifferent to the start of football.  Not turned off but definitely not excited.  Mark Cuban said it best about the greed and power mongering of the NFL"Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I'm just telling you, when you've got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That's rule No. 1 of business."

con

Steelgrave

Yeah, I don't think my Gravediggers will be lining up this year...

MetalDog

^ Which means.........what?  You're out?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

KyzBP

The Ligers will keep:

QB Russell Wilson
WR Allen Robinson

I would trade all my other players for:
1. 15th Round Pick
2. A Left Handed Hockey Stick