2GM Tactics

Started by jmkinki, April 12, 2016, 01:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedHorseJoe

Haven't gotten a game of this in yet, trying to digest everything and find someone to play with (haven't wrapped my head around the solo rules so don't really want to lone wolf this).

Some things could have been explained better - I had to look online to confirm how the turn sequence works - that one person does all the phases as their turn, and then the next person does all the phases, and so on. Wasn't explicit.

I'm also having trouble figuring out how attacking the HQ works in Battle Royal (or any mode, I guess, but BR has HQ kill as the win condition). Anyone had any thoughts on this? Salient questions for me are:

* Can the HQ be attacked from range? That would make it within reach of some of the powerful arty units without much difficulty.
* Does it count as being on a line of its own for the purpose range counting, or is is part of the deployment line?
* Is this laid out in the rulebook and I'm just not finding it?

Just experimented with putting a US and a German deck together. I've played a few card games before but not one that uses a points system for deck-building. Couldn't visualise how many cards a typical 120 point deck would consist of. It's less than you think!
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

HoodedHorseJoe

Also realised I can't see the "Parachute Ability" defined anywhere. I mean, I can guess, especially when cross-referencing with the C-47 Skytrain etc.. cards, but would be nice to have it laid out properly somewhere :)

So there are rules for 'Paratroopers' on P. 17 of the main rule-book that have been lumped in with the Air Combat rules. Problem so far is that none of the cards in the base set (haven't extensively checked the other expansions) have the 'Paratrooper' keyword naturally, and the 'Paratrooper' card assigns the 'Parachute' ability, which I'm guessing is just a mis-translation.

The card also doesn't specify that the unit has to be in your hand, but then it wouldn't work otherwise. Think my OCD is just triggering slightly here as I play a few other card games where clear definitions matter in terms of mechanics/interactions. I play with plenty of people where, if it's not in the rules, it's open to interpretation (the kind that prevents me from doing what I want to do!).
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

bayonetbrant

Downloading for my phone now - thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers