Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

The Taliban isn't exactly a monolithic corporate structure. Many of it's more outspoken pledges have decided that they need to kick more ass so they are defecting over to IS-Hole.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

The cost of that single bomb. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/heres-how-much-the-mother-of-all-bombs-costs/ar-BBzOz7P?li=AA4Zpp&ocid=spartanntp

QuoteThe United States Defense Department likes to show off. After proving it can move with the quick strike capability of a cobra as it did when it launched 59 tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airfield, the Pentagon on Thursday decided to up the ante by showing its muscle. 

They dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb against ISIS in the Nangarhar Province in Afghanistan. The GBU-43B known as the Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB) or the Mother of All Bombs, is a 20,000-pound monster. It took $314 million to develop and has a unit cost of $16 million. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Drop MOAB, or repair Flint, MI's water system.....  3 times
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 13, 2017, 09:39:34 PM

Sure. Cause those things EQ out.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on April 13, 2017, 09:42:45 PM

Sure. Cause those things EQ out.

just providing a cost comparison - I know the dollars are from totally different places.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Get a haircut, hippie.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Toonces on April 14, 2017, 07:59:47 AM

Get a haircut, hippie.

funny you should mention that...  I just did back on Sunday.  I needed it, too; my bangs were down to my chin, and no I'm not exaggerating.
I think I lost 4 pounds, just in hair.

Quote from: mirth on April 14, 2017, 08:01:12 AMSays Spicoli

zing

mirth

Sir Slash

It's hard to hear what Assad says when his lips are planted so securely between Putin's butt-cheeks.  L:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

This s sorta like when Saddam Hussein flew most of the Iraqi Air Force to his good buddies in...Iran.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I don't think Saddam actually meant for that. He and Iran were not exactly BFFs.

The call was probably made in the cockpit right after take-off, Belenko-style
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Gusington

Story floating around the BBC that a Russian Marine major has been killed in an attack on his garrison in Syria.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd