Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started by JudgeDredd, June 22, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Is anyone getting an error when starting Ghost Recon:Wildlands.

Nevermind - it starts now. I was getting a UPlay error.
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 28, 2017, 03:15:16 PM
Is anyone getting an error when starting Ghost Recon:Wildlands.

Nevermind - it starts now. I was getting a UPlay error.

Mine works after the update.

Apocalypse 31

I'd love to be king for a day at the Wildlands Dev team.

The new Tier 1 mode misses the mark.  >:(

More grinding for menial and pointless loot. Fifty levels of pure grind for crap like a Shark Face Mask or a reskinned HTI sniper rifle. Howver, most Tier 1 levels only give you 1000 point Supply Packs (good for upgrading weapons)

And the new weapons upgrading system is a joke too. Grind your ass off for a boost of like 0.5% damage increase on a weapon of your choosing.

Man, this game has (still has, actually) so much potential. Just give the players an endgame where random missions pop up across the MASSIVE game world. 

jomni

I'm probably just going to finish all the core missions and uninstall this. But it still does take a while.

magnus

I was thinking of buying it, but lord knows i do not want to run into some reach around insanity ::)

jomni

Quote from: magnus on June 29, 2017, 11:40:56 AM
I was thinking of buying it, but lord knows i do not want to run into some reach around insanity ::)
Buy it! It's good. Though not recommending the DLCs and Season Pass.

trek

Yes, Narco Road DLC sucks but the latest Fallen Ghosts DLC is very good. It's a continuation of the story mode and has some great set pieces, with virtually no vehicles to have to drive around.  It's more like the old GR games. Check out some video reviews on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. The only downside is it seems to be raining the entire time, but from my perspective it just makes the game play more tense, exciting and challenging.

jomni

Thanks I never tried Fallen Ghost yet though it's already installed.

Grim.Reaper

just curious if anyone still playing and enjoying still...noticed only $29 this weekend and havent picked up before,  when i tried it during thei beta period, i liked it but started to feel a little repetitive but maybe i didn't give it enough of a chance.

JudgeDredd

I haven't played in a while but between myself and my daughter we've racked up 500 hours on it.

It's samey, but addictive and I really liked it. I haven't cleared all the areas and do plan to go back - when I have some time

I definitely got my money's worth and I paid full price. IMO $30 is a steal for the amount of game in there.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 14, 2017, 05:42:28 AM
I haven't played in a while but between myself and my daughter we've racked up 500 hours on it.

It's samey, but addictive and I really liked it. I haven't cleared all the areas and do plan to go back - when I have some time

I definitely got my money's worth and I paid full price. IMO $30 is a steal for the amount of game in there.

Thanks....I did decide to purchase...I do remember having fun with it so hopefully I still like it:)  Been waiting for it to get under $30 for a long time so why wait any longer.

undercovergeek

They're adding the predator

Yes.... that Predator

Dammit Carl!

Bought this on the insistence of the boy who seems to really be enjoying it. Once I'm though with the main missions in The Division, I'm going to give this a whirl.