What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on May 17, 2017, 02:31:31 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 16, 2017, 04:53:09 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

We're gonna need a bigger table.

<:-)

Nice improvisation though with that piece of wood on the table top. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

Awaiting delivery of 'Clash of Giants: Civil War' by GMT.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

My copy of Inis came in this weekend.  Area control/politicking/card drafting goodness in an mythical Celtic setting.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on May 22, 2017, 07:02:18 AM
My copy of Inis came in this weekend.  Area control/politicking/card drafting goodness in an mythical Celtic setting.

bring it to Origins, and let's play!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Fortunately it's a board game so it'll still be good to go in a few years.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finally tracked down a copy of Days of the Fox, the desert expansion for Tide of Iron.  It's on it's way from Austria.  Then I come to find out that FFG went ahead and completed the production run of Days of the Fox: Next Wave and has been stealth releasing it to game stores in the US who ask. 

Bison

Heroes of Normandie  Step 1: Sleeve the cards.  The cards are fine enough but have a black border and are rigid.  It's like they want the cards to be marked, so in sleeves they go.  Step 2: Punch counters.  Love the artwork and the icons are nice.  Step 3: Re-read the rules.  They need an editor whose first language is English.  Definitely going to need to watch a let's play or two before I attempt to teach the game.

Eagerly awaiting my base game of Memoir 44 arrive next week, which is why I went to the game store in the first place.  I'm a damned sucker for shiny new games.  :(

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was perusing the weekly sales at an online shop and saw that the guy who made Duel in the Dark had also make an eastern front tank game called Duel of the Giants and it was on clearance so I ordered a copy.  We gave it a whirl tonight.  It was interesting and it looks nice but it was a little too "gamey" for my tastes.  Not bad for $25 bucks and the components look great but not something I'm itching to get on the table again.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I also bought La Granja: No Siesta! for $20 in order to save $3.50 in shipping because I'm one savvy investor!  Anyway, if you're looking for a fun little game that will serve as a warm up or a wind down for a gaming night, you might want to check this one out.  It's a dice-draughting game but it's got a little more weight to it than you might expect.  The rules are dead simple but there are a tonne of choices available each turn which makes it a lot of fun and allows for a good dose of replayability.  I really enjoy this one for what it is. 

It takes about 30 minutes to play for 1-4 players which makes it ideal for my group as something to pass the time while we wait for everyone to arrive for the main event.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/195528/la-granja-no-siesta

JudgeDredd

I got a bigger board  ;D

And a dice tray (first one ever!)

Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Wow, my table is half the size of that!
Nice dice tray.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

lol - it's actually a rather small table underneath. This setup is very susceptible to being knocked over so care is required - and NO cats!
Alba gu' brath

Bison

Nice shot JD.  Is there a way to jerry rig a clamp onto the bottom?  Right now I've got a sheet covered folding table that I swiped from the wife's sewing room for a gaming table.  :(

W8taminute

When I was a teenager I had bought myself a sheet of Plexiglas about as big as that board JD is using in his image above.  I would put my paper mapped wargames on a board which was on the floor of my bedroom.  Then place the Plexiglas sheet on top of that and I could play for hours.  When done I simply slid the whole thing under my bed and away from mom's beastly vacuum cleaner!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on May 26, 2017, 10:29:10 PM
Heroes of Normandie  Step 1: Sleeve the cards.  The cards are fine enough but have a black border and are rigid.  It's like they want the cards to be marked, so in sleeves they go.  Step 2: Punch counters.  Love the artwork and the icons are nice.  Step 3: Re-read the rules.  They need an editor whose first language is English.  Definitely going to need to watch a let's play or two before I attempt to teach the game.

Eagerly awaiting my base game of Memoir 44 arrive next week, which is why I went to the game store in the first place.  I'm a damned sucker for shiny new games.  :(

I still have yet to punch, or do anything, with my copy.  Been tempted to pull it out soon, and get it done.

Good to know about the cards.  Will probably just penny sleeve them on the cheap.  O0