Main Menu

Battlefleet Gothic

Started by Skwerl, January 16, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Nice. Adding to my phone now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

panzerde

This is why I'm not going to bother with DOW3.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Tpek

Why are you all so perturbed by this BFG game?
It will probably come out for the PC as well sooner or later.

HoodedHorseJoe

I was wondering how this was doing. We covered it a little bit last year after it launched but the guy I had doing it said there wasn't much of a community. Didn't even realise it had DLC added to it - they kept that a bit silent.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Cyrano

I've heard back from the developer.

It will likely not come out for the PC.  Those rights are held by Focus.

So. Much. Stupid.

The RTS now hurts my heart.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

The game is fine on ipad. I play it quite frequently and do not find myself wishing it was on PC. The controls and rules are perfectly suited for a mobile device.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Sounds like the crap we cop in Australia all the time. Free Trade but the rights are held by somebody different locally so unless they approve pricing and decide to import it... your not allowed to buy it across the pond.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Cyrano

Whether it works on the iPad or not is entirely beside my point.  For what it's worth, I agree it works on the iPad well enough, but I'm not an iPad gamer.  I just think this gives the lie to the notion that the PC version was better done the way it was or couldn't have been done this way.  Particularly frustrating as Focus did a turn-based BB, did some RT nonsense, then took it back and gave us the current version.

HoodedHorseJoe

This could be just as much down to the way Games Workshop has been handling their licenses recently. As was noted, Focus Home Interactive also have a license for BFG. It's possible GW divided the license so that Focus could have the PC game, and Grand Cauldron could do the mobile version... or perhaps they divided it along Real-Time and Turn Based lines? We won't really know until either Focus or Cauldron release another BFG game and what it looks like.

Not everyone likes talking about the terms of licensing deals so they will make up some fluff. I don't remember what Focus said around the time of Armada's release though.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Nefaro

GW's license shuffling habits and generally annoying IP management =   :pullhair:  :knuppel2:   

Wanting a badass Warhammer PC game with depth & loads of replayability, but getting a Tablet Tap-For-Time-Burner instead =    :'(

Edit:  I only hope that the upcoming Diablo-style WH40K Inquisitor ARPG ends up being a fairly enjoyable PC game.  Didn't really hold much in the way of expectations for all the others in development.  Half are probably Plants vs Zombies clones with a 40k theme anyway.  :P

mirth

The turn-based game is pretty dammed cool. Been trying it on my phone. Probably going to put it on the kids' tablet.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

The ship's wheel turning wheel should appear in all other games...even those that don't involve ships...