Combat Mission: Black Sea Up for Pre-Order

Started by Cyrano, November 05, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 06, 2014, 04:02:18 AM
That's the second time I've seem RT mentioned with an issue to entering buildings.

Is there a problem with building entry in CM:RT? I haven't noticed anything

Allegedly its only a problem with certain hardware configs.. how odd it may sound.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RyanE

I happen to have the building issue.  It is not a deal breaker, but it makes certain maps and scenarios unplayable.  I would assume they would have it fixed before Black Sea's release.  Although I thought the same thing qith 3.0 and 3.1.

JudgeDredd

Oh ok.

I've heard rumblings and in all honesty I haven't played it enough to say it doesn't exist...it may well be prevalent in scenarios I haven't played (most of them).

Just wanted to know what it was and was it an "entire audience" thing
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

JD ...i remember there was a forum thread overthere with a post which had a test-mission as appendices so people can tert if they are affected by the bug or not ...but i dont find it right now 

Cyrano

I think it's a devil's brew of processor, vid card, and 3.0 that causes it.

And I think I have it...but not sure...had a couple fellows in the middle of the bloody road that simply wouldn't enter a single-story building even though Doug's tanks were bearing down on them like a bad habit.  Eventually hid them BEHIND the building...and they went...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Con

Quote from: Cyrano on November 06, 2014, 01:02:38 PM
I think it's a devil's brew of processor, vid card, and 3.0 that causes it.

And I think I have it...but not sure...had a couple fellows in the middle of the bloody road that simply wouldn't enter a single-story building even though Doug's tanks were bearing down on them like a bad habit.  Eventually hid them BEHIND the building...and they went...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
What a weird bug....probably very interesting in a academic way for programmers though

Con

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: Con on November 06, 2014, 07:16:46 PM
What a weird bug....probably very interesting in a academic way for programmers though

It is weird and interesting. They reported it was a most vexing interaction between the compiler they use to build the code and specific video drivers. My understanding is that it happens with AMD cards (there have been a number of weird bugs over the years regarding unit selection and pathfinding !!! across bridges specific to AMD cards).

panzerde

I have this bug too. It seems to almost always impact systems that are equipped with both Intel integrated graphics cards and an Nvidia card that the system switches to for graphically intensive stuff like gaming. Most commonly this is the configuration on gaming laptops.

In the case where it impacted Jim and he hid behind the buildings, it served to remind me why one does not advance tanks through an even mildly built up area without supporting infantry, no matter how much artillery prep you've done. I'm blaming BFC for the arse beating I took there, rather than my own tactical ineptitude.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

My favorite part in that particular sequence was your T-34s chasing my AK-AK gun into the weeds as the latter desperately tried to punch through your front armor...

Post on BFC boards indicated 3.0 patch is imminent...thread over there on the topic well worth reading to see just how hard a seemingly minor bug can be to find, much less address, especially given the range of OSs, CPUs, MBs, &c., each of us has on our desktops.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
8/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Con

Well I have pre-ordered...how could I not

Must start up a PBEM game again those are the most fun.  PM me here if anyone wants to take up the gauntlet and I would also be willing to commit to a PBEM game using a scenario right out of Black Sea on the day it comes out.  That would be fun playing it being literally in the dark on the lethality of the units.

Con

Elvis

Quote from: Con on November 06, 2014, 07:16:46 PM

Con

It may have been. But in practical terms....let's just say, if Phil wasn't bald before, he is now. :)

Yskonyn

Quote from: Con on November 07, 2014, 09:56:54 AM
Well I have pre-ordered...how could I not

Must start up a PBEM game again those are the most fun.  PM me here if anyone wants to take up the gauntlet and I would also be willing to commit to a PBEM game using a scenario right out of Black Sea on the day it comes out.  That would be fun playing it being literally in the dark on the lethality of the units.

Con

Hi Con, I would be game for something. What are you thinking about?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

Looks like they are starting up their traditional pre release battle between two players...

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=117845&page=7

Zonso

And here is the start of the AAR from the opposing side: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=117868 It appears Bil will have an opponent of equal or greater caliber for this match. (Wonder what the critics of previous AARs will have to complain about now?  :2funny:)

Always great to read AARs from other players.