Intel Dump - Rumors and glimpses of stuff coming up

Started by bayonetbrant, October 13, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Its not on Netflix or Amazon for streaming, so I guess I'll have to settle for something else.  I need a clue for a movie that I can actually watch please.  However, not something with Puffins.  I had nightmares about them all weekend.

Windigo

Quote from: Bison on June 05, 2017, 11:02:43 AM
Its not on Netflix or Amazon for streaming, so I guess I'll have to settle for something else.  I need a clue for a movie that I can actually watch please.  However, not something with Puffins.  I had nightmares about them all weekend.

Blade Runner... Director's Cut
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

Do androids have nightmares of electric puffins?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 05, 2017, 11:17:16 AM
Do androids have nightmares of electric puffins?

dunno, but they can usually remember them wholesale
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Barthheart

That's Lizzy the 1st seal... no?

Nope....  :P :-[

bbmike

I don't know but I actually own a wax seal stamp.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

snorkazork

Larry Harris (creator of Axis & Allies and many other games) has recently announced his latest game: WAR ROOM
It will be published by Nightingale Games (a new startup) and have a Kickstarter in the Fall of 2017. 

It's been 4 years in the making...
WAR ROOM is a massive, grand WWII simulation with secret, simultaneous movement, stacks of units on a round global map.

https://www.nightingale-games.com

(I hope I listed this in the correct place for such announcements and it won't be considered spam. I'm just trying to get the word out politely which can be  tricky.)

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Quote from: snorkazork on June 21, 2017, 11:04:13 AM(I hope I listed this in the correct place for such announcements and it won't be considered spam. I'm just trying to get the word out politely which can be  tricky.)

This works.  The idea behind this thread was to show off what people have found that's in progress and not yet available.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

Nefaro

The old Fleet series from VG were some of my favorite wargames back in the day.  (2nd Fleet  :smitten:  )

So the great moistening began when I saw this upcoming one, at Compass Games, with a similar theme but wider scope.

Blue Water Navy

QuoteBlue Water Navy covers the war at sea, air, close-ashore and low-earth orbit from the Kola Peninsula in Northern Russia to the Mediterranean Sea and West over the Atlantic Ocean to the United States and Cuba. The game models the full order of battle that could be expected in 1980's wartime, from multi-regiment Soviet Tu-22 Backfire bombers to multiple US carrier groups.

The game is card driven, with each card providing points to move units or trigger special events such as 'KGB Assassinations' and 'Space Shuttle'. There is also a reaction mechanic where most cards can be used in the other player's turn to perform a spoiling event such as 'Raid Aborts' and 'Friendly Fire'.

https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/blue-water-navy.html

Gonna have to keep an eye on that one.