Intel Dump - Rumors and glimpses of stuff coming up

Started by bayonetbrant, October 13, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Rather than look thru multiple threads for stuff, if there's just a small tidbit of something upcoming that you find, drop a quick line on it here.

If the discussion blows up, we'll create new threads for them, but this'll let people monitor / subscribe just 1 thread for 'upcoming' stuff
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

first up!

click to (really) enlarge  - - -   being shopped around by designer at Essen soon; this is his 'sell sheet' to publishers
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

solo expansion for Silent War

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

My visit to LnL revealed a bunch of stuff, but I've gotta sort through it to figure out what's embargoed and what isn't...  ^-^
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 13, 2014, 10:35:07 AM
solo expansion for Silent War

Isn't that a combat expansion of sorts, for Silent War?  It's already a solitaire game.  :D

Mr. Bigglesworth

Amazon has new D&D manuals to be released next month. Don't play anymore, just stumbled over it as I surfed my drool at amazon.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GJK

So is Silent War sort of taking on what was done in The Hunters whereas you manage individual crew(s)...because isn't Silent War more of a wolf pack/large naval campaign type of game versus individual vessels?  That's going to make for one long-ass game if that's the case!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

Quote from: GJK on October 13, 2014, 04:40:45 PM
So is Silent War sort of taking on what was done in The Hunters whereas you manage individual crew(s)...because isn't Silent War more of a wolf pack/large naval campaign type of game versus individual vessels?  That's going to make for one long-ass game if that's the case!

Yes, but I hope this expansion will come with a new campaign setup for running only one boat.  I think it is.  Perhaps that's what Brant meant by "solo"?

I had completely forgotten about the expansion.  Seems like they've been working on it for awhile now.  Judging by the components, such as the play mat above, it should have more detail than The Hunters (something I thought it lacked in the combat).

Arctic Blast

Magic : The Gathering...Strategy Board Game?!

There's a FAQ here.

Looks very Heroscapey, which isn't surprising since one of the guys behind that system is involved. Looks promising, actually.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

ICMYI over in the computer games folder, Panther Games is bringing back their board game w/ LNLP

Mad Russian

Next up, Kontact Now. KN for short. Been in development awhile. It gets stuck on back burner when our computer games are in development but it is progressing.

Our CSW thread can be found here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd765d8/0

An AAR for the game series starts here with post 794:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd765d8/797

click to (really) enlarge

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

bayonetbrant

Quote"Battle of XXI century". Company scale. USA, UK, Rusia, Poland, Ukraina, Irak, Germany