Steel Beasts Pro Discussion Thread

Started by Asid, July 16, 2014, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

Just for final follow up.  Ssnake was supposed to contact me after three months to discuss final resolution.  I haven't seen an email yet.  I am hoping he sent it and I just can't find it.  I did notice on SimHQ that someone else has popped up with a lost dongle.  I pointed out that he will have to pay full price.  Got immediately jumped on as a troll by a couple SB players. 

Oh well, looks like another member of the lost dongle battalion.

Toonces

LOL.

Nobody owes you anything, including Ssnake and an email follow up.  I'm sure Ssnake has better things to do than follow up with a customer that has done their level best to cost his company money.  Sure, you're just doing the community a service by continually bringing up your dilemma over and over...certainly there's no motive to discourage potential new customers or anything.

You bought something.  You lost it.  And the company from which you bought it said they won't replace it for free.  Period.  Including an email three months after the incident.

Seriously, get over it.  Next time be more careful with your toys.  I tell my kids the same thing when they lose their toys. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

hapshott

Hello,

Not only the dongle can be lost, but also the license key. I had an one year license. For the first There weeks it worked fine. But then I got an update for Windows and I ran CCleaner. One of the two damaged my license key.

I contacted the codemeter Guy's and they saïd ask a new key from the developer as they couldn't help me. So I contacted the developer. First reaction from him was that he could not help me as I could be a fraud. After some more e-mails he admitted that I bought it. But I should buy it again as it was not his fault that my license got damaged. But accordingly to him I should be happy that he would give me a discount.

I'm still a little angry with the whole experience. I had the feeling that the developer was angry with me to Borger him with my problem. Also why should I buy something again when I'm still having paid for 11 Months more. Also there is no guarantee that the new license will not be lost again. So no more steel beasts for me (I still have SB1) till the whole copy protection had been changed.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

^ With the tagline: "Just when you thought it was safe to re-insert your dongle"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Brilliant! I'll start lining up financial backing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Toonces

I want jarhead to set up a sub forum with gameleaper's forum.  It can be a dongle support forum.  Or an I stuck my dongle where it doesn't belong forum or something.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on May 23, 2017, 09:54:21 AM
Or an I stuck my dongle where it doesn't belong forum or something.

That probably belongs in the Whiskey & Loose Women forum.

MikeGER

Quote from: Toonces on May 23, 2017, 09:54:21 AM
... an I stuck my dongle where it doesn't belong forum or something.

;D

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

I think someone kicked JH in the dongles.

magnus

Just to clarify RyanE always said from the beginning he expected to pay for the dongle not just the entire game again.

I was going to buy a years subscription until I was set straight by the developer.

Reading their website I assumed that the game was only allowed on one computer at a time.

The developer corrected me and explained that the game is licensed to only one computer.

Meaning that you cannot really mess with your computer or you will invalidate it.

That seems a bit draconian in 2017. If I see a new computer I want to buy I cannot upgrade because a game will no longer work?

Let alone all of the problems that a new HD etc. might cause.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: magnus on May 23, 2017, 11:44:40 AM
Just to clarify RyanE always said from the beginning he expected to pay for the dongle not just the entire game again.

I was going to by a years subscription until I was set straight by the developer.

Reading their website I assumed that the game was only allowed on one computer at a time.

The developer corrected me and explained that the game is licensed to only one computer.

Meaning that you cannot really mess with your computer or you will validate it.

That seems a bit draconian in 2017. If I see a new computer I want to buy I cannot upgrade because a game will no longer work?

Let alone all of the problems that a new HD etc. might cause.

There must be some mistake here. I have had SBPro installed on at least 3, probably 4 or 5 totally different machines with no issue whatsoever.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

RyanE

I think he means the time license DRM.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog