Main Menu

Fargo

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, May 13, 2014, 05:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

OK, nearly peed myself during the traffic stop scene laughing. Nearly peed myself again during the Butcher shop scene but not laughing. Two near pees in one episode. Got to remember no fluids after 9pm when this show is on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

Got to say it again. Damn! This is TV done right. I'm glad now I didn't pawn my Big Screen for sex and drugs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 09, 2015, 11:44:48 PM
Got to say it again. Damn! This is TV done right. I'm glad now I didn't pawn my Big Screen for sex and drugs.

This and Ash Vs Evil Dead are really the only series I look forward to lately.

All the other currently running ones have been very 'Meh' or are starting to overstay their welcome.

WallysWorld

Last night's episode was definitely the best of this season. Kept me riveted to the seat. Even my mother is watching the second season and likes it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

I've come to believe it's better than the first season. The acting is amazingly good and the Minnesota accents have me laughing even when something routine is said.

Sir Slash

Another great episode. Don't miss the ending. I really can never see what's coming next in this show.

WallysWorld

Agree. Another great episode which kept me glued to the end. Only three episodes left.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

WallysWorld

Another strong episode with a guest appearance with someone from the first episode :-X.

One more episode to go.

Sir Slash

If you missed this week's episode, walk to the nearest wall and bang your head against it 3 times and then scream, "What the F--k was I doing that was so damned important that I missed maybe the best hour of televised history"? I am trying hard to be subtle about this. But it isn't easy. Damn! This show is like sex used to be, when I was young I mean. And not by myself either.  :coolsmiley:

Nefaro

Haven't seen this week's episode yet, but I certainly will as soon as it records.

My DVR is a lazy sumbitch.  It practically never records the first showing of an episode.  It records a rerun from later that night or, most often, an evening later in the week.  Even when the series in question is set to highest priority. 

Beginning to think that DVR tendency is a conspiracy to make people watch shows live.  To make you watch the commercials instead of FF'ing through them.

Sir Slash

Unless it's something my wife tapes, then it records every episode new or old, every day of the week, all day, any day.  >:(

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 08, 2015, 10:45:39 AM
Unless it's something my wife tapes, then it records every episode new or old, every day of the week, all day, any day.  >:(

Well, yes, it records them all for me.  Eventually.

Just not the first showing for some reason.   >:(

Centurion40

Saw the first episode, thought "ho-hum".  Missed a few but now I'm hooked.  All the characters are great but the butcher's wife is 100% awesome.  Best show on TV right now.  O0
Any time is a good time for pie.

Sir Slash

When the show is done next week, I'm going to  google the story and see how much of it is true. I never heard anything about it before. And the UFO angle? I need to know.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2015, 12:02:39 PM
When the show is done next week, I'm going to  google the story and see how much of it is true. I never heard anything about it before. And the UFO angle? I need to know.

Still haven't seen the recent episode.

But I expect the UFO angle will be tied to some nuttery the Butcher's wife dreams up as some kind of excuse for the whole ordeal, to the police.

It seems like the couple showings have only happened right after scenes with her, or her husband (car on road & butcher shop scenes).