News from Ukraine Conflict

Started by bayonetbrant, May 07, 2014, 09:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on September 05, 2017, 07:24:31 AM
Better to confront the issues now in 'peacetime' than later under a huge amount of pressure if there is war.

Yep, was just about to say better to discover it now than when the bullets/Borscht are flying.

Gusington

When the borscht is flying, everyone is screwed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Long front page article in the 11/24 WSJ about Timur Mahhauri who has been fighting Russians since Chechnya.  He has been tied into intelligence groups for:
Chechnyan Rebels
Georgia
Ukraine
Syrian Rebels
Turkey

The article goes on to state that the Ukraine has become an assassination zone for all four sides (Ukraine Government, Russia, Russian/Ukrainian Forces; Ukraine/anit-Russian forces).  A huge amount of murder for hire, murder for ideology, disinformation claiming that individuals are working for one side against the other, burn operations to nail spies and assassins and so forth.

Timur was arrested in Kiev on gun charges with the belief that he was working with Russia to kill Russian critics in Turkey.  He claimed he was working for the Ukraine spy groups and other Western or Islamic Anti-Russian groups.  He proved enough of his case that the "working with Russia" has been discredited as a false flag operation by the Russians trying to discredit him.

Really nasty stuff reminiscent of the worst of the Cold War in the late 1940s in Germany, Greece and Eastern Europe.

Uberhaus

Was Timur Mahhauri in the US Special Forces and did he go freelance to Afghanistan to fight Soviets?  The one and the same who presented his CO with a Spetsnaz belt buckle, or am I thinking of someone completely different?

airboy

Quote from: Uberhaus on November 25, 2017, 08:24:49 PM
Was Timur Mahhauri in the US Special Forces and did he go freelance to Afghanistan to fight Soviets?  The one and the same who presented his CO with a Spetsnaz belt buckle, or am I thinking of someone completely different?

Must be someone else.  He is from Chechnya  and started out in that conflict if the WSJ is correct.

Uberhaus

Thanks, I should read the article.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

Ivan, we've got a surprise for you.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Barthheart

It'll make a good live fire test bed.

Sir Slash

I just hope this doesn't make Vlad take his shirt off again.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd