Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tabletop AARs / Re: RAF Battle of Britain
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 02:31:25 PM »
Sorry for the pictures. The light in my room isn't great and the camera flash often bounces back off the cards - so there's a mix and match of flash and non-flash. I'll try and sort out a proper lamp for the next lot of photos.

Daily Planning Phase
Night Raid Planning
Night raids rarely had an impact on the operations of Fighter Command and are not detailed like the day raids. However, night raids were an effective and dramatic method of German bombers to attack cities and industrial targets with little risk of air combat

German Night Commitment
Looking at the priority of Cities (low) and Industry (low) and comparing those values to the German Night Minimum/Maximum Chart I can see that I can assign between 2 and 4 bombers to the Night Raid.

Aircraft assigned can be He111s, Ju88s and Do17s and come from either Luftflotte II or Luftflotte III. I assign 2xHe111s and 2xDo17s to the Night Raid from Luftflotte II.

German Strategy Draw
This does not start until Aug 12th

Raid Target Selection
I get to choose 10 targets.

5 targets are for Low Priority targets for Cities and Industry
4 targets are for Medium Priority targets for Airfields
1 target is for a High Priority target for Radar Net

This is the German Raid Priority Table I use to determine whether a target card results in a No Raid, Minor Raid or Major Raid

Of the Low Priority targets, 4 result in a No Raid because they are Strategic Value 1 or 2 and 1 target results in Minor Raids

Of the Medium Priority targets, 1 is a Strategic Value of 2 and is a Minor Raid and the other 3 are Strategic Value 3 resulting in Major Raids

The High Priority target is Strategic Value 2 and is a Major Raid

These are my targets for the first day of the campaign

Minor Raids can have no more than 3 Gruppen assigned to them and Major Raids can have a maximum of 12 Gruppen (Gruppen refer to fighters and bombers). Gruppen can only be assigned from the Luftflotte specified on the target card.

I place the raids on my Raid Planning Track. I can assign a maximum or 3 raids per time slot.

It was unlucky I think that Luftflotte II is taking the brunt of the targets today...especially as they have 4 Gruppen assigned to Night Raids. They're spread thin, but they've managed to meet their commitments.

You will notice I've not assigned any fighters after the third slot. You are not required to. You are only required to assign fighters to the first 3 time slots for the day and then you assign the fighters when you get to the "second half" of the day.

Southend has 2 bomber Gruppen and 1 fighter Gruppen assigned
Kenley has 2 bomber Gruppen and 1 fighter Gruppen assigned
Poling has 7 bomber Gruppen and 5 fighter Gruppen assigned
Hornchurch has 6 bomber Gruppen and 6 fighter Gruppen assigned
Biggin Hill has 4 bomber Gruppen assigned
Biggin Hill has 3 bomber Gruppen assigned
Tabletop AARs / Re: Attack on the Allied supplies 1900 pt 2
« Last post by undercovergeek on Yesterday at 10:45:16 AM »
Me too - I know I've mentioned it before, never be in doubt I read all your posts, curse your skills and shake a fist at the club because I wish I could partake in some way

let's face it, you are much more likely than 99% of us to make it to the club for a weekend game.

This is true - I used to own a business about 25 miles away 10 years ago
« Last post by mirth on Yesterday at 07:43:54 AM »
Someday I'll get there.
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Yesterday at 07:25:09 AM »
Me too - I know I've mentioned it before, never be in doubt I read all your posts, curse your skills and shake a fist at the club because I wish I could partake in some way

let's face it, you are much more likely than 99% of us to make it to the club for a weekend game.
« Last post by nevermore on Yesterday at 05:55:49 AM »
Good to hear your torment in a strange way  O0
« Last post by Nefaro on December 09, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
I look forward to reading this as it unfolds. BTW, having that frame around the map and plexiglass (is it perspex in across-the-pond-speak?) makes the whole thing very spiffy looking.  O0

For me, it was cheaper buying a big poster frame that came with the plexi online, rather than going to a store and getting a cut piece of plexiglass by itself. 
« Last post by JudgeDredd on December 09, 2017, 12:33:56 PM »
Perspex  O0

They were fairly cheap frames and meant I didn't have to fold the maps up and could keep them protected.
The toughest scenario is France as the Allies. It's a real balancing act between up front face slapping of the invading forces and run away and preserve for a later fight.
Run away too fast and the Germans will steamroll you. Stand up and fight too much and the Germans will tear you to shreds and by pass you...

It would be so great you guys would continue to that campaign next  :dreamer:
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: DC1: Warsaw to Paris - Jason vs Barthheart
« Last post by Crossroads on December 09, 2017, 10:04:37 AM »
I wonder how many fans have taken up VR's offer to make the DC3 engine available for creating other campaigns? I suppose if I were less lazy I could go find out...  :crazy2:

There was at least a Winter War module out, in addition to a Volkov to Tichwin sample by VR themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10