Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GrogHeads Feedback / Re: New Weekly Column - "What's Gus Playing (This Week)?"
« Last post by mirth on Yesterday at 06:58:11 PM »
Twon't be the last.
At 43 this is the first time I have been called a pint sized playa.
GrogHeads Feedback / Re: New Weekly Column - "What's Gus Playing (This Week)?"
« Last post by mirth on Yesterday at 06:54:18 PM »
O snap
'Pint size playa'?
GrogHeads Feedback / Re: This Weekend's Review: Compass Games' War in the Wind
« Last post by BanzaiCat on October 14, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
It's VERY decent. Very easy to get in to. As I said in the review, though, I'd buy it with an eye on playing it solo rather than two-player. You can do the latter, but the system is very much conducive to solitaire play.
« Last post by JasonPratt on October 14, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »
Meanwhile, back on topic: I love the Thousand Mile War, and I'm glad to see a decent system gaming it!  O0
« Last post by JasonPratt on October 14, 2017, 07:53:20 PM »
As a publisher, I can tell how that works. Manufacture's Suggested Retail Price basically sets a variable for how much the retailer can keep from the products they sell. I set my book at $25 which is a typical price for a hardcover epic fantasy with a dust jacket, but Amazon only has to pay my distributor half that for any sale. Out of the $12.50, my distributor pays shipping cost (which is better for bulk naturally to Amazon for stock, assuming Amazon orders to keep stock -- they don't always do that but they want the option), sales taxes as appropriate, and their own cut for profit (from which they then pay various other taxes related to businesses). I get $6.50, if I recall correctly (it might be $8, I don't recall exactly. I don't get enough sales to remember. ;) ) From that I pay my own income taxes as appropriate. If someone else had written the book, or if I had a staff, I'd pay a certain percentage from that $6.50, after taxes, as royalties to the author, etc. Amazon gets permission to charge up to $25 per book, and so they can keep up to $12.50, but they can discount up to 49% and still make some kind of profit on it.
« Last post by mirth on October 14, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »
Yep. MSRP is $57. Funny how you never have to really pay full MSRP though, with pretty much any company.
« Last post by BanzaiCat on October 14, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
^ Yeesh. It's only $35 now on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jackson-Games-1315SJG-Edition/dp/B01LXKJ4T8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508019279&sr=8-1&keywords=ogre+6th+edition

I grabbed it for $27 earlier, so the price varies.

I think Compass's site has War in the Wind for $57 or so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10