Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: Airbrush Painting
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 04:55:34 AM »
Iíve got my brush decision down to a couple of choices but am just looking at a couple of diffenet sites and local businesses comparing prices.  The first step is to clear a corner and setup a work area in the basement so hang a couple of work lights, put up a folding table and shelf unit to store my paints, brushes, and other odds and ends.
Sounds like a plan
« Last post by Bison on Today at 04:53:35 AM »
Iíve got my brush decision down to a couple of choices but am just looking at a couple of diffenet sites and local businesses comparing prices.  The first step is to clear a corner and setup a work area in the basement so hang a couple of work lights, put up a folding table and shelf unit to store my paints, brushes, and other odds and ends. 

Wargaming / Re: Recommend a good Guadalcanal game
« Last post by bbmike on Today at 04:37:00 AM »
Also not a boardgame but Strategic Command Classic: WW2 has a Guadalcanal scenario.  It's not super detailed though.
Iíll try to ready Jamusí company later today and fire off the campaign. Letís see if we can get this going!
If I donít run into any delaying factors we should have the first couple of contracts listed.
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:23:27 PM »
I'd add Iwata or Harder and Steenbeck. I love my Iwata TRN 1
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 08:52:17 PM »
Paasche or Badger is the way to go.
practice camo patterns when you prime.
« Last post by Staggerwing on Yesterday at 07:52:13 PM »
I can't help with a boardgame suggestion but Uncommon Valor from Matrix was actually the precursor game to WITP, though smaller scale and focusing primarily on the New Guinea/Solomons area.
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Yesterday at 06:08:52 PM »
Yeah.  Looking for a boardgame.  I've got War in the Pacific: AE that I'd like to get going (but I still cannot get transports and assault landings figured out for the life of me).

I had a look at a folio game called Cactus Air Force but it looked a little too limited.  I also toyed with picking up C3i Magazine #30 to get Mark Herman's South Seas game but that uses the Empire of the Sun system which is operational level and so a little too abstracted for what I'm hoping for.
It's very interesting to see all of this from the other point of view!  :)
« Last post by airboy on Yesterday at 05:58:53 PM »
There are several scenarios in Order of Battle WW2 that cover Guadalcanal well, especially the ebb and flow of forces and the different levels of naval superiority held at different times.  But they are not as complex as you would probably like.

One of my mythical front page AARs covered this extensively in the US Marines scenario.  There is another good one in the core campaign US Pacific that I cannot remember if I did an AAR or not.

(oops, came from the front page and forgot to see what thread this was on.  My only offering on a boardgame was the very old Avalon Hill game which was pretty good but certainly not great).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10