Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wargaming / Re: What's on your table right now?
« Last post by mirth on Yesterday at 07:12:08 AM »
All of Canada will be speaking French if the early game results are any indication of the outcome.

Excellente!
« Last post by Barthheart on Yesterday at 07:05:33 AM »
GAH!  :timeout:
« Last post by Bison on Yesterday at 06:13:22 AM »
The video playthroughs I've watched have been pretty insightful about the game mechanics.  First things first, however.  I need to finish the Wilderness War campaign I've got raging across my table.  All of Canada will be speaking French if the early game results are any indication of the outcome.
Wargaming / Re: GMT's New P500s
« Last post by Bison on Yesterday at 06:10:12 AM »
Personally, I never really feel comfortable with game rules until I can put pieces on the board.  At that point, I can muddle through the rules and actually learn the game.  I looked at both the playbook and rules for AAC and I was surprised at the lack of illustrations for gameplay examples.
« Last post by bob48 on Yesterday at 05:34:13 AM »
I'm looking to get AAC as well, and I have the rules downloaded. What helps me is that I have the game that the system is derived from; 'Position Magnifique' (formerly Duel of Eagles).
« Last post by Barthheart on Yesterday at 04:25:32 AM »
Got my mounted map boards for unconditional surrender today.  Iím pretty stoked to play the game now.

It's a great game. Very easy to play once you grok the combat system.
« Last post by ComradeP on Yesterday at 01:04:15 AM »
There's a thin line between complicated and convoluted, and I don't mind complicated rules but do mind convoluted rules.

I'm currently reading through the At any cost: Metz 1870 rules, a game which I've pre-ordered. They're not exactly intuitive thus far. They're clear but very flexible, presumably because the game aims at recreating battlefield uncertainty. I really like the ideas showcased in the various articles on Inside GMT, but wonder how long it will take before you can play a battle without looking at the rule book every minute.

From the looks of it, the C in PAC stands for Compendium here.

A single player aid card isn't nearly going to be enough to cover this.
« Last post by mirth on December 13, 2017, 07:28:29 PM »
Awesome O0
« Last post by Bison on December 13, 2017, 07:26:45 PM »
Got my mounted map boards for unconditional surrender today.  Iím pretty stoked to play the game now.
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on December 13, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »
Days of the Fox is the lightest.  Not much in it compared to the others.  Normandy adds a campaign and some new decks but itís mostly more of the same kind you get in the base game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10