Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: Source of the Nile
Last post by Grim.Reaper - April 08, 2024, 05:29:06 AM
I'll wait to see more comments on how this game displays, I hate having to manually make sure my desktop settings are set a certain way before playing a specific game, new releases should always have a way to handle different resolutions and scaling.  Maybe it still works ok, but the warning gives me pause so I'll wait for feedback.
Last post by devoncop - April 08, 2024, 03:38:25 AM
I like the look of this.nit seems replayability is pretty high. Thanks for the heads up.
Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Vietnam
Last post by Jason Petho - April 07, 2024, 06:23:49 PM
Well holy crap. That went to h3ll in a handbag pretty quickly. I played through the rest of test number 2 and showed how not to use helicopters in a hot landing zone and then in test number 3, we were hanging on by a thread or tooth and nail. Either way, it was an intense fight the whole way through. Each test shows different options and the consequences of those options. Absolutely fascinating!

Last post by matt3916 - April 07, 2024, 06:13:35 PM
But read the fine print -- "This game cannot be played on resolutions lower than 1920 x 1080 and Windows display scale must be set to 100%."
GG All!

Yeah, RNGesus slapping me in the middle of the map with the only 3 pt throne in my capring was pretty rough.  I tried to acquit myself well in spite of the circumstances. 

Maybe with some hardcore diplomancing, I may have been able to eek out a better outcome?  But my current game count has me a little too occupied for such things.  Even with said diplomancing, I'm still the monkey in the middle, with the throne strapped to my neck needed for anyone to win the game, so may as well happily accept one's fate.

Best of luck to the remaining players.  I'd say a nice tossup between Mari and Bandar at this point, perhaps depending on the initiative shown, as well as who Man decides to team up with. 

Have fun with it!
Quote from: TheMeInTeam on April 06, 2024, 07:47:04 PMYou can't solo operate thugs into decently designed armies, even less so if they have good tech.  Needs a tailor-made SC, and only if a weakness is spotted in army scripting.

Oh yeah, it wasn't intentional at all.  Either a happy accident on Arco's part, or a well placed counter-thug army.
Nearly all of Arco's unforted territory was taken via thugs, only 3 provinces taken with conventional forces (ichtyids in one water province, priest + tiger riders sniping 1 province, and probably can't thug the hamadryad province w/o army support).  I didn't meet much PD, but the stuff I used could kill 50+ PD easily so it would be a bad deal w/o mages behind it.

You can't solo operate thugs into decently designed armies, even less so if they have good tech.  Needs a tailor-made SC, and only if a weakness is spotted in army scripting.

Unfortunately, Arco disease attritioned a big % of my army, although he still lost more or less all of his remaining capability when I took cap successfully.  Did a good job making me bleed for it though, Mari is definitely position 1 in terms of troop power and has at least one tech at level 7 (evo), since Mari has harbingers also conj 6.  Might be even higher.
Quote from: solops on April 06, 2024, 07:41:07 AMAnyone see any good thugs yet?

I did some pretty solid thugging with a Lord Warden geared up with a coral blade, blade of grass, and some decent armor.  At least until he came toe-to-toe with Arco's main army.   :embarrassed:
Computer Gaming / Re: Victory at Sea: Atlantic a...
Last post by rss334 - April 06, 2024, 11:01:48 AM
Watching & waiting for more info on VAS Atlantic but have not purchased yet.  All the games below offer something different but I've yet to find one that I feel has everything I want. 

Task Force Admiral:  Don't know never played

Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts: No airplanes that I know of but most realistic combat + custom ship building / economy based in the Atlantic just like victory at sea.  Multiple Countries

Uboat/Silent Hunter: Obviously subs only - Uboat about boat and crew management a unique game personally I think it is fun

War on the Sea: I'd call it the same as Victory at Sea but less arcady combat focus on pacific
Allied vs Japan.  Not really any simulated economy like Dreadnoughts or the new VAS Atlantic game. Its fun but after a while leaves you wanting a bigger map to play on and more to manage.

Victory at Sea Games (ironclad, pacific, atlantic) - from what I saw the new game is still a little arcady but improves over the prior VAS games which were very arcady.  Of the bunch(on paper) Atlantic has the best economy/resource simulation of them all. Allied vs German.  Atlantic is in EA, but the developer has always been responsive and has a history of improving games.  I guess if your no looking for full realism and interested in watching and/or providing feedback on how the game develops it is a good buy.