Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: 2017 Steam Summer Sale
« Last post by Pete Dero on Today at 02:15:39 AM »
Not part of the Steam sale but Tacview (universal flight data analysis tool for DCS, Falcon BMS, FSX, ...)  is currently 40% off.

http://www.tacview.net/product/news/en/#ID46531909

The standard (= not free) edition now contains real-time telemetry ( you can review and analyze a flight in progress ).
Computer Wargaming / The Secret World Legends
« Last post by Tpek on Today at 01:36:08 AM »
The revamped action/investigation/horror MMORPG has been released:

https://secretworldlegends.com/
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by Ian C on Today at 01:31:44 AM »
The 1.4.1 beta is great so far.

Playing as Germany, what I've noticed:
- No more stupid AI invasions
- Nations garrison themselves properly. Tried Sea Lion (invasion of UK) and it was properly defended. Took 6 months of intense fighting.
- U-Boats work. You have to take France or shift-click them over the north of UK to the Bay of Biscay area but they work. Basing them at La Rochelle after fall of France will net lots of results.
- Air War more realistic.
- lots more stuff fixed, game plays really well

Very pleased.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Steam Summer Sale Swag Thread
« Last post by CptHowdy on Today at 01:08:33 AM »
Steam: Rails to Riches and Command & Colors: The Great War look good and I have not heard of them before this thread...post impressions!

I was thinking of getting Steam: Rails to Riches until I read on its Steam store page: Requires 3rd-Party Account: Playfab. Why isn't Steam enough?

3rd party account only needed for online multiplayer per one of the threads in their discussion forums at steam. other threads state multiplayer is non existant and the ai is no challenge!!
« Last post by jomni on Today at 01:01:32 AM »
RUS
Computer Wargaming / Re: Cold Waters
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 12:40:15 AM »
I'm still waiting for those controls before I jump back into this...
What controls are you talking about JH? I saw you mentioned it earlier, but the link that took me to the Beta patch info didn't mention any controls

The UI controls that will let you dive, go to periscope depth, turn, etc.
Must've missed that. Those would be handy.  O0
« Last post by Greybriar on Today at 12:29:58 AM »
Steam: Rails to Riches and Command & Colors: The Great War look good and I have not heard of them before this thread...post impressions!

I was thinking of getting Steam: Rails to Riches until I read on its Steam store page: Requires 3rd-Party Account: Playfab. Why isn't Steam enough?
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:44:35 PM »
Tabletop Simulator
Warfighter DLC for TS

I also picked up the Warfighter DLC for Tabletop Simulator.
Yeah - it was "your fault" I got it  :P

Was discussing doing some Tabletop Simulator multi-player this weekend. 

Tuna said he picked up Darkest Night.   Fortunately for these paid DLC packs, only the MP host needs to own the game in question, so if anyone has the core TTS program, then they're in.  :bd:
Never played it so I know nothing about it.

I think a Grogheads Warfighter card game could be some laid-back fun.  Or any of those others listed.  I own the physical versions of all these & am familiar with the rules.  Although a little brush-up, beforehand, is always good.
I would love to give it a go - but I am very rusty on on the game rules and - moreover - I don't know the interface yet. So this weekend may not be a good start for me. But I'd look to at least get the interface downpat sometime and get an online gaming session going.
Computer Wargaming / Re: 2017 Steam Summer Sale
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:38:58 PM »
Command Ops 2 modules are 50% off.

Yes thats a good deal going to get Foothills of the Gods Module.
Thinking about picking up westwall, its the only one I don't have. Waiting to see if the LnL store has a sale. If there on target the steam keys for previous purchases are supposed to be available today.

Coincidentally.  ::)

(Panther Games has been pounded hard on the forums for putting off getting the Steam key situation resolved. My bet was not until Patton's Charge!)

Foothills is definitely the best module for new players, with the lowest unit-count missions (totally and by average); consistently interesting terrain; early-war bling to train for later on; in a theater that hasn't been gamed to death.
Wasn't Foothills of the Gods the old Conquest of the Aegean game? By far, imo, the best module. As JP said, very interesting terrain to keep you entertained with lots of choke points.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by MengJiao on Yesterday at 10:41:46 PM »

Same Thing:

Here is a Pickle.  Gun prices went down and I upped my fishing and now I have the Pickle with 6 pdrs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10