Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks!  O0
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by Zulu1966 on Today at 01:38:41 AM »
I have never bought this as I have read that the AI  is universally agreed the AI is utter shite. I never understood given the game is so utterly dependant on its AI why it gets such a high rating.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Last post by fabius on Today at 01:18:21 AM »
So Hoi4 has sold 1 Million copies; half the player base plays it each month;  and usually 130k to 140k daily players. Pretty good going for a grand strategy game with the depth it has.

Other news:  Moder day lovers, Millennium Dawn has teamed up with Modern Day 4 team to combine their efforts.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Strategic Command Classic competition
« Last post by Yskonyn on Today at 12:28:36 AM »
Random is most fun. :)
Computer Wargaming / Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall
« Last post by FarAway Sooner on Yesterday at 10:42:15 PM »
Yeah.  My thinking exactly.
Just posting this as an FYI.  Don't know anything about it, but if you want it, you need to grab it quick, as in before 1pm ET Monday!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/490220/Prismata/

Steam has Prismata (PC Digital Download) available to own for Free when you add it to your Steam library by May 21, 2018 at 10am PDT.

A uniquely gripping hybrid strategy game like no other, inspired by RTS, deckbuilders, and tabletop strategy games. Outwit your foes by efficiently constructing and commanding a powerful cybernetic army. A radical achievement in game design, Prismata rewrites the rules of strategy games.
« Last post by Millipede on Yesterday at 09:36:41 PM »

Let me know if you want to decide your opponent amongst yourselves, or whether I should allocate. I'm happy either way.

You pick 'em or some sort of random thing works best for me.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Holy Fury - CKII Expansion
« Last post by Boggit on Yesterday at 09:17:38 PM »
:o Random or Shattered worlds???!

Wow.

There is already a shattered world mod in the workshop - real world map though.
« Last post by Boggit on Yesterday at 09:13:37 PM »
Meanwhile, despite all my efforts last night, including giving the executable an exclusion from within Avast at least twice(!), Avast still hates the Patton Drives East executable and randomly warns me about it asking what I should do. At least Avast isn't automatically dumping it into the virus chest anymore! I've never seen Avast go so psycho-girlfriend about something Avast itself calls a generic threat. I'm starting to wonder if there's fire with that smoke...
If it is of any comfort, I get a lot of stupid crap from Norton 360's over aggressive heuristic checks with perfectly legitimate games. Best thing is to go into security and give a pass/approve to the game knowing that it is from a perfectly legitimate source and the internet protection software is going through a psychotic episode.

I agree, which is why I kept trying that and Avast was still spazzing out! I've never seen anything like it.

It's only affecting PDE for some reason (...I think, if I recall correctly, certainly not Weaps, I don't think Pac either). Worst case scenario, I just won't play a scenario from that group.

Actually, now that I think of it, Avast started griefing me over the autoplay front-end, too, after the mutual updates.  :buck2: I may try turning Avast off temporarily while I play it.
Can you try a turn or two on one of the smaller scenarios to check that it works ok for you. :)
« Last post by Boggit on Yesterday at 09:11:32 PM »
I am definately NOT playing the scenarios 4 times. That will be far too much to ask imo.
I agree. Please see my reply to JasonPratt, which should set your mind at rest.

Let me know if you want to decide your opponent amongst yourselves, or whether I should allocate. I'm happy either way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10