Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Here's to FRIDAY
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 08:36:20 AM »
Fresh off of my spectacular, "Minor Victory" in To End All Wars: the 1915 Serbian Campaign, seriously, seems to be my only possible outcome in this game, I will be spending some quality time with Age of Charlemagne TW where I can get a tactical fix for a change. And build a new Wine Press.  :bd:  Maybe I will raise a new army of expert warriors and call them, "The GrogHeads of the Apocalypse". That should scare the shit out of all my enemies.
Computer Wargaming / UBOOT
« Last post by bboyer66 on Today at 08:29:53 AM »
Just took a look to see how this game is progressing, and I can firmly say that I am impressed. It really looks like a proper update of SHIII. 

Just so great.

Reflect:  This game was released nearly two decades ago.  It is still supported -- well supported -- the company releasing it is giving a significant upgrade to its users for free, and, as far as I can tell, it remains the normative PC simulation of the campaign.

I won't say there's nothing, but there's certainly very little like this in gaming.

And it makes me very happy that these games have found their way into good hands, keeping them alive through upcoming iterations of Windows.

P.S.:  Where has the next WWI game gotten off to?  My enthusiasm to play the Somme has not waned.

« Last post by Cyrano on Today at 08:11:25 AM »
JTS Jena (x2) -- the tactical battle with Doug has been one of my most memorable non face-to-face gaming experiences.

Playtesting stuff (x3)

Jena KS -- October 18-19 could prove decisive...or not.

FoG II Holiday tournament -- I do get the criticisms some have shared about this game but, for me, it goes to the desert island.

Battle of Britain -- The big map came.  And is big.  And awesome.  And it comes with toy planes.  Hee.

Script memorization -- this is harder as one ages.  Self-evident one might think, but really hard to accept nonetheless.  Still, great mental exercise.
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by Tuna on Today at 08:11:17 AM »
yeah, there's a 50% off sale at humble for the dlc. Maybe why they're giving the base for free. What I'm saying is maybe the code for the doc is in the download,  and that s why it's so big. But you wouldn't get to access unless you bought/activated it.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Stellaris
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 07:46:25 AM »
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 07:02:08 AM »
Project Cars 2
DCS 1.5 with the AV-8B
More of my Battle of Britain:Eagle AAR
Console Wargaming / Re: Wargaming and an Xbox noob
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 06:43:05 AM »
Throw the heretic into the pond!
« Last post by MetalDog on Today at 06:41:14 AM »
This morning, it will be the first showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  Upon my return, it will not be anything appropriately space themed.  No, it will be the exact opposite, Medieval 2:TW as Venice.  I am beset by enemies and my allies are worthless.  Oh, and the Mongols just showed up in the Holy Land, which I have spent an inordinate amount of time and treasure building up.  Now I guess the invaders will have a nice home.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10