Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Pacific Rim: Uprising
« Last post by Windigo on Today at 01:30:29 AM »
Loved the first one, hated the second one. This one was clearly marketed to spy kids fans.
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: oh oh...I just can't stop myself
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Yesterday at 11:41:10 PM »
youre holding the airbrush way to close and the paint isnt thinned enough. 
also, to maintain the finish between coats rub the model down with a jersey cloth rag.
O0

I was having a mare. I had to push the pressure way up so paint would come up - once it's in the cup you're kind of screwed - you can add thinner, but it's already down into the gun. Then I would hold the gun close to try and get the camo lines...but that was turning out terrible because I was holding it so close and blowing paint out at 40psi  :DD

I love making these things - but I stress so much when it comes to painting. I never ever felt that way when I was hand painting. Thing is, the final result of airbrush is (when done right) a considerably better finish so I don't really want to sack it...but my old Humbrol enamel paints are calling me
Current Events / Re: Gunfire in Riyadh
« Last post by MIGMaster on Yesterday at 11:34:50 PM »
Anybody here any more on this - attempted coup or poor fire discipline ?
Current Events / Re: RIP The Angel of Dieppe
« Last post by MIGMaster on Yesterday at 11:33:29 PM »
Good to see that her actions were not forgotten after all these years ! RIP!
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: oh oh...I just can't stop myself
« Last post by GDS_Starfury on Yesterday at 11:25:42 PM »
youre holding the airbrush way to close and the paint isnt thinned enough. 
also, to maintain the finish between coats rub the model down with a jersey cloth rag.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by CptHowdy on Yesterday at 10:07:04 PM »
From what I've seen this is closer to the tabletop, which makes me happy.  Not surprising either, it's Wiesman after all. 

I've only done limited dives into the Youtube arena to watch early play throughs.  I don't want to taint my first experience with it. 

I did get my steam key through the kickstarter backerkit this weekend.  This puppy is ready for preload.
as
ive only watched 2 people on youtube play. I have not watched the opening cinematic. saving that for when i get to fire it up!! think this one is game of the year material!
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Yesterday at 09:56:45 PM »
From what I've seen this is closer to the tabletop, which makes me happy.  Not surprising either, it's Wiesman after all. 

I've only done limited dives into the Youtube arena to watch early play throughs.  I don't want to taint my first experience with it. 

I did get my steam key through the kickstarter backerkit this weekend.  This puppy is ready for preload. 
« Last post by CptHowdy on Yesterday at 09:52:42 PM »
have they changed anything such as damage and heat build up from the tabletop version? I was watching TTB play on youtube and he said this is how the PPC should hit(percent to hit and range) and do actual damage(50 damage in BT version) unlike the MWO version of the PPC which is garbage. Im thinking a lot of the complaints are going to be people comparing MWO to this battletech game.
What is using a weapon effectively? those weapons(large lasers and PPC) are long range and need line of sight. Most of the maps ive seen are not wide open prairies but have plenty of cover such as hills and mountains and buildings!
Forum-Based Games / Re: "Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...
« Last post by Cyrano on Yesterday at 08:44:46 PM »
Game Time Is: 1200, 20th October 1806!

Eight hundred and fifteen dispatches now sent.

And counting...

Music, TV, Movies / Travellers
« Last post by Ubercat on Yesterday at 08:39:07 PM »
Is anyone watching this Netflix original series?

The premise is that people from a dystopian future are traveling back to the present day to save us from ourselves and consequently cancel the awful circumstances that they came from. My wife and I figured with a basis like that, it had to be either really bad or really good. We decided to give it a chance and we're hooked. The acting and writing are great and each episode leaves us craving the next.

Best dialogue so far:

"So how many bottles of wine do you have to drink to get blackout drunk anyway?"

"I have no idea. I only do heroin."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10