Origins 2016 (June 15-19), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 07, 2015, 04:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

OJsDad, sorry I missed you. Not sure what I was up to when you came by...

It was great to add Martok, MetalDog and RickBill to my list of Grogs I have actually met in person. We had the largest crew there this year since I've been going to Origins. Now I'm hoping we can swing an even larger turnout next year!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MetalDog

Quote from: OJsDad on June 21, 2016, 07:53:37 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on June 21, 2016, 05:14:43 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on June 21, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
MD, when I landed in Columbus earlier the day you flew in, we landed from the west.  When landing at Port Columbus from the west, you get to fly right over The Shoe.  If you have a window seat, you can usually see one of the end zones.  Were you lucky enough to see it or did you not even realize you were flying over. 

Have to say I missed it.  Primarily, because I drove ;)

Doh!  That gave me a good belly laugh.

Glad I could oblige.  :)  Just have to catch you next year.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 24, 2016, 05:36:59 AM
the report from the Grogs
http://grogheads.com/?p=11963

I only recognize 3-4 of you guys in the pic (Cyrano, Crandall, Brant, possibly one other that I'd rather not guess on in case I'm wrong as I'm terrible with faces). I've only met Crandall and Brant in person and recognize Cyrano and Panzerde from Skype/GrogCast recordings, but the rest of y'all, I have no idea who is whom.

bayonetbrant

that's why there's names on the shirts! ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Yeah, I saw that, but it must be my bad eyes because they're awfully blurry.  :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 24, 2016, 08:44:56 AM
Yeah, I saw that, but it must be my bad eyes because they're awfully blurry.  :P

better?

OJsDad

I was just amazed that Brand wasn't 6'5".
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on June 24, 2016, 08:46:45 AM
I was just amazed that Brand wasn't 6'5".

next year, stick around and you can be in the picture, too!

OJsDad

Yea.  Just what you need, an middle age fat bald guy!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on June 24, 2016, 08:48:59 AM

That would really add some diversity to the group.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on June 24, 2016, 08:48:59 AM

it's a club; you're in it...  just like the rest of us!  O0

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I'm 6'4", not bald, and have lost 30 pounds thus far this year. By next year I should be at my goal weight and will still have a head of hair. I don't think I'll fit in with you boys.  ;D