Main Menu

Shock the FRIDAY

Started by mirth, May 26, 2017, 04:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Oh and it's the monthly meeting for my Friday night table top group.

No idea what I'll be playing the rest of the weekend.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

Is this your first FRIDAY thread?  Good job by you  O0

It's Memorial Day weekend here in the United States, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day so many of us while have Monday off.  I have over scheduled my weekend with travel, all day D&D and a barbecue.  If I accidentally have time to sit for a computer game, it will be Civ IV.  Prolly mp.

Thank you to all the men and women who gave their lives for our freedom.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

trailrunner

My wife and I are taking the train to Williamsburg this weekend.  I won't visit the new revolutionary war museum that opened earlier this year near there, but my wife signed me up to shoot a flintlock rifle, and I'm looking forward to that, besides the usual things to do there.

No gaming for me.  I have an ASL scenario that I've been playing for a while and am almost done.  It won't take long to finish, but whenever I get close to getting a chance to playing it, life intervenes.  I have been super busy this year, mostly dealing with my mother's declining health.

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on May 26, 2017, 05:58:16 AM
Is this your first FRIDAY thread?  Good job by you  O0

No one was more shocked than I.

Rayfer

Well done mirth...excellent song choice! Steel Divisions...great game.

Gusington

Great song! I cannot game until Sunday as this weekend is graduation at West Point and we rent out our house for the event. Once I get back home though I think I am going to take a break from Alien: Isolation (I am about 2/3 of the way through it) and play a Total War game. Not sure which...maybe Rome 2 as Macedon, maybe the Medieval 2 Crusades campaign as The Kingdom of Jerusalem, or maybe Shogun 2. Still have to crack open Warhammer: TW as well.

Additionally Dishonored 2 and Dying Light keep calling me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

On deck for this holiday weekend: Endless Space 2, Civilization 6 and Civ 4:Colonization.
Oh, and since everyone's just trying to be nice to you- Peter Gabriel. Meh.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

1.) About halfway done producing Turn 3 of my schizo-game of Churchill vs myself; but it's unlikely I'll get that out this weekend, even with Monday off, because....

2.) ...Barthheart just sent back his 4th Turn of our Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg game, so I'll naturally be working on that first.  O0

3.) I might try playing one of the SD44 campaigns, now that the full game has released, probably Atlantikwall just because it'll be different; but more likely I'll skirmish and mp if I can.

4.) With SD44 whetting my WW2RTS appetite, and with Memorial Day now here (and June 6 D-Day around the corner), I've thought about going back to Company of Heroes to work on one of their other Normandy campaigns of which they have several fine ones. I started the British one back around the time I finally finished the main campaign, so I'll probably go there -- especially since the British team in CoH1 is all about the arty.  :smitten:

4.1.) Relatedly, I was never able to get past the Overlord mission in Eugen Systems' original R.U.S.E. so I might take a stab at that again. (Getting up onto the beach isn't too hard, but I keep failing to defend the beachhead once established.)

5.) Scourge of War: Waterloo if I can finagle my schedule properly for the Dogs of War mp.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Sir Slash

Williamsburg is great Trailrunner! Nice choice.  O0   Been trying to get the Goths somewhere in Attila TW and getting my butt kicked pretty thoroughly in Alea Jacta Est as Rome vs the Samnites-- damn they're tough. But this weekend in honor of all who served, it's CMFI's Troina campaign with nothing but mountains and Germans as far as the eye can see. Thank you Veterans everywhere.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have always wanted to go to Williamsburg...sigh

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd