Diamonds on the soles of her FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, September 27, 2018, 11:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Lots of stuff I'd like to get to this weekend. Space Hulk Tactics, Pacific Storm Allies 1.8.4, really want to dig into IL2 1946 with the BAT mod, it's all kinds of awesome, maybe some VR, And something with tanks.

I also picked up a Ruger Precision Rimfire and plan on mounting some glass and taking it to the range to zero it in.

Enjoy everyone.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Love Paul Simon...great song!

After finishing my conquest victory in Birth of the Federation and a science victory in Master of Orion CtS, i will focus on Stellaris and, having bought the expansion which is on sale, Civilization VI Rise & Fall.

jamus34

Supposed to be a great weekend so I do not know how much gaming I'll get in.

Yard Work, youth soccer, washing / waxing my car, setting up my miniature painting station / table topper are my primary goals this weekend.

What gaming time I do have will probably be spent with monster hunter world, fallout 4 and endless space 2
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Good gravy - the year is starting to take that "speed up 'till Christmas," feel.  Wasn't it just Friday, like, three days ago?

At any rate, think I'll spend my time catching up on reading horror and horror related items and when possible, RS2:Vietnam.

Have fun folks!

Gusington

I like when Friday sneaks up. But it scares me when JH zeroes in...could be on my head.

Continuing on with The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, perhaps some Warlock 2 with the Renaissance mod and perhaps begin a vampire campaign in Warhammer TW.

Vampyr also waits, patiently, sharpening its fangs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Good call Gus, I forgot I'm trying to dive back into Witcher 3
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Witcher 3 - just keeps on giving. 'Tis the season for monsters and bloodletting as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Well, I've never heard that Paul Simon song before! -- I bet my nieces would like it. Has a very "You can be my bodyguard" vibe.

I'm still 12 hours out from finishing a download of More dough: Shadow of War: Something Like The Complete Edition I Suppose which I picked up yesterday, and which might slake my taste for a Halloween-ish game. This weekend it's on sale at Steam for about $35 complete, if you buy the season pass along with the main game. I say "something like the complete etc." because when I started the download, I noticed that the two story mission DLCs, although apparently also included, weren't being listed as installed but everything else was (at the start of the install, mind you). My working guess, is that this is because the other things were on-disc DLC behind a paywall, as part of the notorious infamy behind the game's release, so installing the base game first counts as installing them, too.  ::) :P Anyway, it's a little over 96 Gigs, which might make this the largest game I've ever installed. (The Lego and Arkham games are on sale, too, as well as Mad Max, and Shadow of Mordor the first game of the series.)

I'll be kicking off my other Stalin Drives West campaign this weekend (for the Strategic Command Classic), this time against my original sparring partner Shelldrake who already beat me as Stalin driving west against the Nazis and will now be steamrolling my Allied defensive line as Stalin again. We'll see if Britain and the US (and anyone else joining in) manages to strike back against the blitzkrieg.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the third entry in the Hero of the Kingdom franchise, which is a nice little map-management series: gameplay involves clicking on hot spots on different maps (with beautiful 2D sprite art, reminding me of the Stronghold games) to move the plot along, gather resources, and unlock new map areas. It's a simple but pleasant low-key series, which my nieces also enjoy.

The GROGPUBLIC forum game will reach its first Senate Phase this afternoon. The Players will get their first chance dealing with each other as senators, making and voting on various proposals, to hash out among themselves the best way to deal with the Republic's current problems, which include solidly booting out the last Roman king Tarquinius Superbus, and deciding whether to spend a large portion of the Republic's early cash dealing with a drought which has caused the historical Agrarian Unrest of 485, iirc. They'll also have to hold their first elections for republican office, which this early in the game is limited to the Roman and Field Consuls.

What else I'll get into this weekend, not sure yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DoctorQuest

I'm going to be reinstalling IL-2 BAT.

I made the mistake of getting WOTR and while you can tell they put a lot of work into the campaign engine and trying to bring CFS3 into the 21st century I just can't help feeling a little underwhelmed with only one flyable British plane. I will probably wait and see how they handle (and price) the DLCs. As others have said, there are just too many other WWII sims out there. WOTR does not fill a need quite the way WOFF did. I have a feeling OBD thinks people are going to buy into them modelling WOTR after DCS and ROF. I'm not sure I'm on board with that.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

I got the house all to myself until tomorrow afternoon. Just me and this damned, annoying cat who needs attention every hour on the hour.  :pullhair:   So the phone's off the hook, doorbell's disconnected, and my veins are full of caffeine...I'm ready for some GAME TIME!!! DC: France 1940, Rome 2 with the DEI mod, CMRT the Russian Campaign, maybe I'll look for more naked people in Pillars 2. The possibilities are limitless.

BTW, I see GOG has a 'new' Witcher DLC coming-out next month exclusively for them, anybody know anything about it?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Anguille on September 28, 2018, 02:32:08 AM
Love Paul Simon...great song!

Paul Simon started doing better when he loosened up a little or something. 

Game-wise:  Flying Colors (boardgame: Blue Cross, White Ensign -- Russia against Sweden and the Turks -- Sweden this weekend)
  Post Scriptum
  World of Warships 

PS: now have all the FoGII DLCs so there's that too.

mikeck

Finally got around to installing the KS mod for Scourge of War:Waterloo. Really makes this game into a great simulation of commanding a napoleonic army. So many things that should have been in the vanilla version.

In a napoleonic mood so I may finally try and give Histwar:Napoleon a fair shot.
Lots of criticism and support is non existent but it's such a beautiful game and I love the concepts. Only seems fair to judge for myself.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Rayfer

Quote from: mikeck on September 28, 2018, 10:52:41 AM
Finally got around to installing the KS mod for Scourge of War:Waterloo. Really makes this game into a great simulation of commanding a napoleonic army. So many things that should have been in the vanilla version.

How difficult is it to install on the Steam version?

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 28, 2018, 10:07:11 AM
BTW, I see GOG has a 'new' Witcher DLC coming-out next month exclusively for them, anybody know anything about it?

It's a brand new game with a different engine, somewhat on an isometric RPG with card-based tbs combat.

https://www.gog.com/game/thronebreaker_the_witcher_tales

Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.
Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath, and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
Main Features:

Experience an all new 30-hour Witcher Tale with 20 possible world end-states.
    Embark on over 75 thought-provoking side quests — one of the hallmarks of The Witcher series.
    Explore never-before-seen parts of The Witcher world — Lyria, Rivia, Aedirn, Mahakam and Angren.
    Manage resources, recruit and develop units in your very own customizable war camp.
    Build an army and engage in story battles, which twist the game's rules in wildly unexpected ways.

Additional Features:

Thronebreaker features over 250 single player tailored cards, as well as 20 brand new cards for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
    Each card represents an entity in the game — characters players interact with during open world exploration can become on-hand assets, deployable during battle.
    During each playthrough, players make choices and face their consequences — acting against an ally's convictions might cause their card to disappear from the deck.
    Mastering the campaign allows unlocking premium animated versions of cards, additional multiplayer avatars, borders, and titles.
    Fully voice-overed dialogues, localized into 11 languages.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales comes with these bonus items:

Concept art, including the map of Lyria
    The Witcher graphic novel "Fox Children" by Dark Horse
    2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
    2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
    5 premium kegs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
    Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
    How about more GWENT extras?
    Unlock 20 cards (standard versions) for use in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and search for their exclusive premium versions during your travels in Thronebreaker.
    Note: Standard versions of the 20 cards can also be crafted directly in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
    All the aforementioned goodies — including the GWENT in-game items — will unlock upon Thronebreaker's release. If you already have a GWENT account, please make sure to use the same credentials for this purchase so that these items get added to your GWENT profile automatically.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

OK. Thanks for that explanation Jason. You're a good man.  \m/
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.