Free beer, broads and bacon for Canadians

Started by bob48, May 08, 2012, 04:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

No, not really, but since I now have your attention........

We are currently working on an expansion for LnL's NaW system that will focus on operations by 21st AG 1944-45. Many of the scenarios will revolve around 1st Canadian Army, and we hope to include some of the battles to clear the channel ports, the Breskens Pocket and the Scheldt.

There is already a long list of provisional scenarios in existence, and we expect to include 12-16 in the game. Also included will be 3 new maps with new terrain features and approx 200 3/4" counters that both add new units and expands on those in WSR and Cobra. This, btw, will be a full boxed expansion with mounted maps and counter sheets.

Whilst its early days yet, and both maps and counter types / values are being worked on, we thought it maybe an idea to invite people to come up with some idea's for a possible title for the expansion (yes, alright - I admit it - we're a bit stuck for one - all our creative talents being focused elsewhere....)

No prize for a winner, although I promise to chug a beer, fondle a broad and nosh a bacon buttie in his honor.

Bob ;D
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

The Maple Leaf Route

"The 'Maple Leaf Route' was the designation of the army's Main Supply Route. The route was usually divided, into MAPLE LEAF UP and MAPLE LEAF DOWN, designating traffic to and away from the front, respectively. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Canadian_Army

bob48

Thanks for that Barthheart, its on the list.

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

No problem. Let me know if you need testing help... or a vassal mod to playtest with.  8)

Oh, and where's my bacon!  >:(

bob48

Yep will do. Your bacon? ah, well, I had it tonight for dinner, with eggs, fried tomato's, mushrooms & BEANS... so stand clear!

'Clip those corners'

btrain

Operational level game on the Scheldt Camapaign now available from Microgame Design Group, a Canadian company:

http://members.shaw.ca/kerryanderson/MDG/SCH.html

First board wargame to be devoted entirely to the clearing of the Scheldt Estuary.

Brian Train (game's designer)

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Michael Dorosh

The German defences in the area were known as SCHELDT FORTRESS NORTH and SCHELDT FORTESS SOUTH.

The title "Scheldt Fortress" sounds much more imposing than "Maple Leaf Route", and of course, if you have pictures of Nazis on the box, you will sell far more copies than if you had pictures of Canadians.

bob48

Thanks for the idea. However, we have now arrived at a (provisional) working title for the game.

'Clip those corners'