Main Menu

Cyberpunk 2077

Started by ghostryder, December 16, 2016, 12:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostryder

Ever since it's announcement Cyberpunk 2077 sprang up to my most anticipated game list. First it's CDproject--who already has given us the arguably best RPG of the modern era in The Witcher 3. The 2nd reason is more compelling. If Witcher combat is a downer for you be assured Cyberpunk 2077 will have Mike Pondsmith onboard assuring the game will use it's already established pen and paper combat system. How this translates to computer we don't know--will it be a Fallout 2 or Fallout 3 setup? Who knows---but it certainly won't be a Kung fu fighting action nightmare like the Witcher series.

Announced release date is between 2017 and 2021. Searching for hints and info it is now know however from a September statement more people are now working on Cyberpunk 2077 that ever worked on The Witcher 3. So a 2018 release would be a safe bet with 2017 still not out of the picture.

3. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a huge world. Also in September we learn that Cyberpunk 2077 will be "far bigger than anything else that CD Projekt Red has done before," including The Witcher 3. So, if we take CD Projekt RED at its word, Cyberpunk 2077 will be exceptionally large and, hopefully, full of meandering sidequests.

4. Will take place in the sandbox world of Night City, a fictional city between San Francisco and LA that already exists in the Cyberpunk pen and paper RPG created by Mike Pondsmith. "People have wondered what's going to happen, there are clues and hints—if we told you more we'd have to kill you, as usual," said Pondsmith during Cyberpunk 2077's reveal in 2012, which you can watch below. "One of them is a big hint I left for everybody at the end of the fourth Corporate War, when I dropped a small pocket tactical nuke in the middle of the Arasaka Towers, and that left kind of a really large real estate space that we're gonna be playing around with."

The event he's referring to happened in 2024 on the Cyberpunk timeline, which means we step into Night City a little over 50 years after part of the downtown was destroyed and, presumably, rebuilt.

5.Witcher 3 composer Marcin Przybyłowicz is working on the soundtrack. What's not to like?

6.Back in 2013, the idea was floated that they may record all dialogue in each character's language—Spanish, for instance—and have the player use a translator implant to decipher it. Which sounds pretty cool. I actually played the original Witcher in polish with English subtitles because the voice acting was very different and far better. You lose a lot in translation and this seems like a cool idea to keep that impact that gets often lost.

7. 'Braindances,' a form of futuristic, drug-like VR, will play a big role. "People live someone else's life while sleeping in the gutter," lead gameplay designer Marcin Janiszewski told The Verge.

8. It's not a shooter like Fallout 3 & 4. If you're still worried at all by the multiplayer comments, here's another instance of CD Projekt RED explaining that Cyberpunk 2077 will be an RPG like those it's previously built, and definitely not a multiplayer shooter.
http://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-be-a-true-rpg-says-cd-projekt-red/

That's about all my internet searches have found thus far. Below are the Blog links and the original announce video:

http://cyberpunk.net/blog/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_PkG4YYHHI

There's got to be others like myself looking forward to this.

Another cool trailer gleamed off the blog page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Nefaro

Was excited about the announcement awhile back.  Seems like a long time ago, now.

Been extremely silent ever since.  No hype around that I've seen.  Plus that extremely wide release estimate doesn't help the image of it's development being so glacial.

Hope it's very RPG style. 

You gonna be a 'Rockerboy', Ghostie?   :))

ghostryder

As for the release date a Swedish store named Klomplett is listing a September 30, 2017 release date for the game, with a February 2 2017 beta (via LeaderGamer)-
Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-leaked#lA15lC016sDYI0fX.99

I have doubts about that. CDproject has already said that it intends to release 2 AAA RPGs before 2021 and that no work on the second RPG will begin until Cyberpunk 2077 is released. Seeing the Witcher 3 was 3 and half years in the making a simuliar timeframe would put the game in the mid 2018 timeline thus allowing 3 years for the 2nd game. So i'll shoot with a June 2018 prediction.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

So, is Night City like Santa Cruz or is it more like Fresno?

Cuz, you know, technically, Fresno is north of LA and south of San Francisco...

Ian C

Rayfer