Plebby Quest: The Crusades -?

Started by sandman2575, April 11, 2020, 04:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

https://store.steampowered.com/app/334310/Plebby_Quest_The_Crusades/

Just stumbled across this. Anyone playing?

It seems to have a strong "Montjoie" vibe, if anyone remembers that game (I'm sure some folks around here must!).

Will pick up, esp. for $16 -- need to find time to play and will post impressions, but wondering if anyone here has given this a try. Looks fun!

al_infierno

Never heard of this but it looks very cool!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

WYBaugh

Montjoie is an awesome game.  I've been stalking Plebby but haven't pulled the trigger yet.  A lot of people are having issues running it.

JasonPratt

Sadly, that was true about Montjoie, too.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CJReich46

I was wondering when someone would post about Plebby Quest.

I saw that and it looked like it would be a fun game.

I played the demo for Montjoie! and loved it.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on April 11, 2020, 04:26:18 PM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/334310/Plebby_Quest_The_Crusades/

Just stumbled across this. Anyone playing?

It seems to have a strong "Montjoie" vibe, if anyone remembers that game (I'm sure some folks around here must!).

Will pick up, esp. for $16 -- need to find time to play and will post impressions, but wondering if anyone here has given this a try. Looks fun!

I very much enjoyed the digital version of Montjoie! long ago.  I actually happened upon my backup installer the other day, while looking for something else, and wondered if it currently works on Win10.

May have to check out Plebby Quest very soon!   :coolsmiley: