RPG tracker system

Started by gameleaper, July 15, 2017, 05:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

I have created an RPG app that is able to track all your Char sheets and locacation info money, whos where etc.. you visualy see the info rather than numbers or text, its super easy to use and to setup

I have made a vampire RPG with lots of elder Char sheets and many many locations, your elder can have slaves, disciples, human workers etc.. you can have cars and weapons and travel all over the world, your goal is to take over your enemy vampires area.

gameleaper

you can use your own play rules, your probably need blood bags included with the app etc... you setup each game as you like, it takes all the prep out of setting up an RPG, your not restricted to vampires, and you can use graphical maps etc...

the app is attached to above post, but you need to be a registered user to see pics and links

bayonetbrant

neat idea - especially the visuals.

might need to clean up a few typos :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

thx, Its my burden to always make typos, I blame my English teacher, she was nice to look at though

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

I was just using your Mapit tool earlier today to test print 8x11 sheets for my new Star Trek minis.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Map it, become far more usefull than I ever thought, I just messed about mapping a random game with a D6 for straight left right dead end etc.. its a real time mapper :)

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on July 15, 2017, 08:56:09 PM
I was just using your Mapit tool earlier today to test print 8x11 sheets for my new Star Trek minis.  O0

you know I never thought of printing mapit output, I can see as the squares and hexes are constant it would work , a great use for it, I may try and make a map for the minatures app I did.

gameleaper

I just bought some floorplans fron drivethru from three fourteen games, and I had some, I have overlayed all the locations with art, looking good now.

I may use my miniatures app for a large Map, then zoomin on a location map with this app, also this app will store Char sheets, and you can move chits and items etc... its coming together well now

if anybody wants the minis app PM me.

gameleaper

ok I have enlarged the numbers, and changed a few icons, the idea is that the racks of 20 char sheets are numbered 1 to 20, so placing a sheet on the maps is as easy as dropping a number, upon contact with enemy the forces can be laid out.

Nefaro

Looks like it could be handy for tracking stuff in RPGs which use more abstract Zones, or range bands, as opposed to the old minis-style exact measurements. 

Really enjoy the zone style far more, myself.  Although you don't need to put as much effort into them, nor measure & count much in doing so, it's still nice to have some visual representation of what's going on at any moment.

gameleaper

I'm looking for the best solo experience I can do, this seems like its going well, the arwork makes a lot of difference to the zones too, I was thinking of having all 100 locations as zones and use something else for char sheets, but it seems better to have it all in one app.

gameleaper

Ive also crushed the nWoD sheets to fit, and created a dot icon to fill out the dice pool indicators

bbmike

Wait, is this your sheets and dot (SSD) program? Does it remember the sheet you were looking at in a tab yet?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on July 16, 2017, 07:08:12 PM
Wait, is this your sheets and dot (SSD) program? Does it remember the sheet you were looking at in a tab yet?

:) yep its the dots and sheets program, but I have not updated the programing and I would have to find the source code , but its a good rpg host too, I thought you would spot it :)