This Weekend's Feature: Attila Total War - The Last Roman

Started by bayonetbrant, August 15, 2015, 06:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Great review Gus. Couldn't have said it better myself. A little element of role-playing has snuck into this one with the options to choose independence or obedience and the frequent message/ choices you get to make. I loved to one that resulted in my armies being able to operate in the desert without attrition because I discovered the secret of water bottles. I could have really used that in North Africa.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Funny how that works eh? Thanks for the kind words. Slight addendum: switching back to the Grand Campaign I see that The Last Roman DLC is better optimized than the Grand Campaign...the GC really chugs along sometimes because so much is going on. Not sure if it's because The Last Roman is just smaller or if it is truly optimization.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You're right. It does seem to play smoother and the AI turn is quicker.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.