My wee collection of armour

Started by JudgeDredd, October 10, 2017, 03:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Yet to be added to with a Tiger I, Chieftain and Magach

Alba gu' brath

acctingman

Looking good JD

I prefer WW2 over modern armor, but I will get to the more modern stuff down the road. My list of "to-do" ww2 armor is at least 30+ deep and I'm sure I'll do multiples of Panthers, M4's, Tigers, T-34's....etc, etc...

Itching to do a half track or one of the German AC's

DoctorQuest

I like the eclectic nature of the display. Nice looking collection.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

acctingman

JD

How many builds do you usually have going on at once? I have a Panther A 70% done, a Jagdpanther about 20% done.....and I'm itching to buy another kit.

Always curious to see how many projects someone has going on at one time.

JudgeDredd

There's only been once where I've had two kits on the go. I started making my Leopard 1 and decided to take part in a group build so started on my Su-27 Flanker.

In other words - I only have one on the go and I don't start another until it's finished.
Alba gu' brath

acctingman

Yea, I don't think I want more than 2 builds at a time. I like letting one sit to dry/cure and work on the other while waiting, but then there is the wife commenting on how much space I'm taking up  >:(

JudgeDredd

lol - I know it.

I've often thought about starting one before finishing - but I worry that I wouldn't finish.

If I'm honest, I prefer making than painting. I'm always stressed with painting...I never quite seem to be able to get the right mix of paint...it's either too runny or too thick. I wish they'd make a paint ready to spray. Then of course there's the concern on colours.

No - I prefer building to painting, definitely.
Alba gu' brath

acctingman

I enjoy the "build" for sure. I even enjoy the sanding. I find grinding little nubbins of plastic off things very therapeutic!  :uglystupid2:

The painting is for sure the more troublesome ordeal, however, I'm really starting to enjoy the whole process. I'm liking how the oils look on the kits even though I struggle with how much oil or how little thinner I should be using, but I'll eventually get it right....right?  :idiot2: