The German Empire - HOI3 AAR.

Started by OJsDad, March 07, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Huh. I wonder if I can do that in HOI2, to single territories.... (not that it matters at the moment, or at this point ever will likely matter in the future of this game again ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Been a while since I played 2, but, I am pretty sure that having conquered the territory, you get some IC.  Infrastructure may play a part in how much IC you get, but simply owning the province with the factories in it gives you some IC.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on March 22, 2014, 09:06:37 AM
Been a while since I played 2, but, I am pretty sure that having conquered the territory, you get some IC.  Infrastructure may play a part in how much IC you get, but simply owning the province with the factories in it gives you some IC.

Then it must have been an infrastructure problem, because I can confirm I wasn't getting even a fraction of the factory's IC from Khartoum. I ran tests: the ICs added up perfectly to 6.0, no matter how I sliced it (including dedicating my factories solely to cash or supplies), but had I been getting the fraction from Khartoum it would have been 6.1 or something like that. (The factory was 'in supply', too, so it was getting whatever it wanted from my central materials depot. It simply wasn't using anything.)

Possibly due to how the maps were designed, factories in territories with less than 33% infrastructure generate nothing once something disrupts the work, although the game treats factories plopped onto a 20% territory before gamestart as viable (otherwise I would have zero ICs at all!) Similarly, I can directly confirm that spending vast sums of cash on "public works" results in no gain at all when no territories are above 33% infrastructure. (The game should warn about that -- I was excessively pissed.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

PART V

'Ludwig, Operation Hog is a go for the 1st.  Please be ready to brief the rest of the ministers at tomorrow meeting.   Good luck.'

Hanging up the phone, I lean back in my swivel chair facing the ceiling with closed eye and fingers steepled together on my chest.  The last several months have been a complete whirlwind.  After the fall of France, 2nd Panzer Corps was reloaded on to transports and sent to Northern Ireland.  There they joined the Fallschjager and Marines who had landed in Coleraine and secured the port there.  There were able to quickly defeat the British forces there. 

The rest of 1st Panzer Army were able to isolate and destroy the majority of the British units there.  Unfortunately, a sizable force escaped to Scapa Flow.  There, along with a very large contingent of the RAF, the Royal Navy was able to make life miserable for the merchant marine trying to supply our forces in England.  To top it off, the Royal Navy had gotten some descent units there and beat up on Admiral Rader.  It took some time, but between Rader and Goring, they were able to muster enough forces to neutralize the port and airfield to keep supplies out and the RAF grounded.  With that opening, the Marines and 2nd Panzer sailed from Belfast and made a hard fought taking of Scapa Flow.  The Royal Navy ships there were forced to flee into the waiting arms of Raders ships and took sever casualties. 

From Scapa Flow, the Marines reboarded their transports and landed on Lerwick.  The ground defenders there were weaker.  The few ships there were forced to sea, again with Rader waiting.  This time, it cost them the carrier Ark Royal and the battleship Temeraire.  The Royal Navy is still has a lot of fight in here, but the British government in Calcutta doesn't have the industrial capacity to replace their losses and maintain what they have in the field.  Though I have no doubt that they are getting lots of help from the Americans.

Admiral Assman has been orchestrating convoy raids by the U-Boats in the North Sea.  The Allies have a large number coming out of Denmark and Norway.  Our submariners have been making them pay for it though. 

It's because of this trade that many of the Ministers think we need to invade both Denmark and Norway.  If Norway wasn't so isolated, then she would have joined the Allies already.  But, for now, we've decided to keep the focus and pressure on the British and French.

While Rader and Goring were working on neutralizing Scapa Flow, the 2nd and 4th Panzer Corps were detached from 1st Panzer Army and assigned to the newly formed 2nd Panzer Army, with General Rommel placed in command.  His mission was to keep the British from coming back into Scotland from Scapa Flow and, when the opportunity presented itself, to take both Scapa Flow and Lerwick.

The 1st Panzer was returned to France, where the 5th Panzer Corps and 6th Corps was attached to them.  From there, they headed for the Yugoslav border.  While my reason for not taking Denmark and Norway is that I want to keep the pressure up on the Allies, the taking of Yugoslavia and Romania will give us great access to the Eastern Mediterranean.   The Bulgarians have successfully defeated the Greeks, except for Create and some islands.  Once we have joined up with the Bulgarians, we can assist in finishing off the Greece.  From there, I hope to jump into the Middle East.

The Italians have chased the French west across North Africa almost to the Atlantic.  They have even been able to push the British and their Iraqi proxies back out of Libya.  Even so, being able to take the Suez Canal for ourselves will deny that avenue of access to the British. 

At the end of January we annexed Luxembourg.  This was followed with an invasion of Belgium.  As we had discussed before, the need to keep them from joining the Allies at an inopportune time for us.  Not to mention the added industrial and research to our war efforts.

Speaking of our added production, Willy has done a superb job of racing around the conquered lands and getting things organized.  Without him, I don't think we have seen a fraction of the increase this soon.  The good Lord knows that I'm getting  too old to run around like he can. 

Even with the increase in productivity though, we still need more to meet our needs.  The construction of radar stations is nearly complete here in Germany.  We've also been able to keep working on the new sites in the western part of the Empire. 
We've also been going as fast as we can to upgrade the units along the Polish border .  I will never trust those godless Communists. 

Speaking of the Commies.  They keep requesting Lend-Lease aid.  HA!.  The Japanese homeland is under control of the British and the Americans have taken Korea and pushed up into China.  As a bonus, they have also dipped a toe into Russia.  Give me this year go kick the Allies out of the Med area and I'll be about ready to go after Russia.

We're also forming up new army, naval, and air units.  Construction on new supply ships continue, security units for the new lands, and improvements to the transportation networks in some areas.  We'll need to continue those improvement to help with the movement of units and supplies, but we will need to scale it back.  I think we could do nothing but infrastructure improvements for the next year and it would not be enough.

The good news with the increased productivity is that we have made a big dent in upgrading the equipment and gear that our men use to conduct war.  There is plenty to do, but it has helped a lot.  We're also needing to reorganize our research some, particularly for heavy bombers, carriers and heavy battleships so we can take on the best that the Americans have. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

undercovergeek

Just a quickie, sorry if its been addressed already.........

Youre Germany right?

How come your naval victories are addressed to 'Duce' and not 'Fuhrer'?

OJsDad

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 24, 2014, 07:44:23 PM
Just a quickie, sorry if its been addressed already.........

Youre Germany right?

How come your naval victories are addressed to 'Duce' and not 'Fuhrer'?

Yes, I'm Imperial Germany, not Nazi Germany.  Kaiser Wilhelm III is the head of state.  The DNVP is the ruling party.  I'm not sure why I'm called Duce.  I've looked to see how the title is set, but have not found it yet.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

PART VI
'Damn.  Are you sure.'

'Yes your Majesty.  The BBC is broadcasting the news out of Cyprus.  Evidently they bad it across the Black Sea to Turkey, where the Turks turned a blind eye to them while they crossed over to Iraq.  From there the British got them to Calcutta.'  Canaris stated.

'Any idea how this Government in Excile will affect things in there'

Fallschjager in Cluj

'Hard to tell at the moment your Majesty.' Goebbels replied.  'I think a lot will depend on how we treat them.'

'Alright, there is nothing more to be done about it now.  Except to capture Calcutta.'

That drew a few muted laughs.  It as a bad joke after all.

Romania Surrenders

'Ok Wilhelm, any things else going on in the world that we should know'

'The British have seen an increase in production.  We're not sure if it's new or lend-lease from the Americans.  Perhaps both. '

'All the more reason to keep the pressure up on them now.' I turn and face General Beck. 

'Ok Ludwig, let's hear the latest.'

'The Marines have secured Dakar and moved all the way north to Port Etienne.  They also moved south and took the British area of Bathurst.  There's a British Marine unit in Ziguinchar under French command.  Once Rommel's artillery has finished being equipped and trained with the new self-propelled units they'll head down to join the Marines.  From there they'll move along the Gold Coast.'

Storming the beaches in Dakar

The last British foothold in Europe falls

'von Manstein is moving 1st Panzer to the ports along Adriatic.  Once there, they'll move on Egypt.  After securing Alexandria and Cairo, they'll move east into the Holy Land and French Syria.  Then cut over and drive for the Persian Gulf taking Iraq and Kuwait. '

'The British have taken Tobruk again and are pushing the Italians west.  However, once we take the ports in Egypt and cut off their supplies, things should reverse for them.  Plus von Manstein will send a Panzer Corps west to hit them on the back side. '

'Thanks Ludwig.'

'Erich, how are things with the navy.'

'It was a real moral boost to sink the Courbet when Dakar fell.  And, the French really cannot afford the loses.  That will put more pressure on the British and American navies'

'Designs on the new carriers is just about complete, and we'll be able to start construction on them by end of the year.  Design on the new battleships won't be ready until the first of next year. '

'The U-Boats are making a good dent into the Allies convoy's.  But, they're also hurting our convoy's.  If Ludwig's people can eliminate some of their African ports, it'll help a lot.'

'We really need to get more ships under construction.  The single battle fleet is not enough for everything.'

'Hjalmar, what are our options?'

'As production frees up, we'll start first on the new carriers, then the battleships.  Those take the longest to complete.  Also, as research completes, we'll start new plans on the support units.  As is always the case, our production needs are more than what we can meet at this time.'

'Alright.  Hermann.'

'We're still researching longer range bombers.  The current Ju-488's won't have the range to hit anything of importance in the states from Bermuda.  If we can take the Bahamas, then we could do some damage in the south. '

I think about this for a few seconds.  'Perhaps after 2nd Panzer gets to Africa, we can look at sending the Marines for a vacation.'

'It may not do much damage to the Americans, but it may cause them to pause in the advances into China.'

'Alright.  Constantin, anything for your office'

'The Bulgarians are very happy with their annexation of Greece.  The Hungarians are happy with the their new lands from Yugoslavia.  The Italians would have been happier with more of Yugoslavia, but they're ecstatic  with their gains in Africa.'

Dividing Yugoslavia

'Alright gentlemen.  I know we're moving fast, and we seem to be stretching ourselves thin in places.  But I believe we need to keep moving and not allow them Allies to regain their footing.  And, if they should regain their footing, then they will have further to go to get their homes back.  For now, our current plans are good.  Let's call it a day.'

Martok

Bahamas ho!!  8)  Will that be worthwhile, then (assuming you can get your forces moved there)? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces