What was your last pre-order / Kickstarter?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 17, 2018, 11:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

What was the last thing you preordered or Kickstarted, and why?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

Some RPG something-or-another.  Either K. Crawford's / SineNomine offering or Pinnacle's Weird War One, I think.

Gusington

Can we post pc games?

Iron Harvest 1920 because it has mechs, alternate history, and steampunk aesthetics.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on July 17, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
Can we post pc games?

Iron Harvest 1920 because it has mechs, alternate history, and steampunk aesthetics.

THIS IS A TABLETOP GAMING THREAD!

But yeah, sure :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on July 17, 2018, 11:56:38 AM
Skull Tales Full Sails, because, pirates.

you took the plunge, huh?

I can soooooooo close, but couldn't do it b/c I just didn't think it would get enough play

Gusington

IIRC The Iron Harvest game and the new Scythe PC game are both based on boardgame precursors, so I will take that as my slant 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Got 4 board games on pre-order via Kickstarter.  Brass: Birmingham and Brass: Lancashire should be here within a few weeks. Warfighter: WWII Pacific is slated for August so I expect it in October.  U-BOAT is the one I'm most excited for.  That's out in December hopefully.

I also pre-ordered this book from Osprey.  Should be here next week. Hitlerjugend Soldier vs Canadian Soldier: Normandy 1944

Barthheart

OST Ghost Front on pre-order.... because I have all the rest so why not more.... and it's a fun game.

Seal Team Flix on pre-order.... because it looks cool and seems moderately groggy.

U-Boat Kickstarter.... because it looks really cool... and U-Boats! and comes with a 3 ft 3D U-Boat!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on July 17, 2018, 12:53:24 PM
Seal Team Flix on pre-order.... because it looks cool and seems moderately groggy.

Cyrano may disabuse you of that notion ;)

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 17, 2018, 01:48:31 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on July 17, 2018, 12:53:24 PM

Cyrano may disabuse you of that notion ;)

He hasn't even played it yet.... complains about a long rule book... amateur...  ::)

Geezer

Skies Above the Reich preorder.  Saw some good AAR's at the Qt3 forums and good comments at BGG.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Staggerwing

Dan Verssen's War of the Worlds, UK front.

Because? ... War of the Worlds, eh?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

ComradeP

GMT's Stalingrad '42 by Mark Simonitch.

I like Holland '44 and think the rest of the "series" (it's not really a series, and the rules change in between games but are roughly comparable) is nice as well. I'm supporting the new editions of a number of them through the P500 program. Coming from a digital wargaming background, they're also more easy to get into than some of the more abstract releases that are popular lately.

There are some other games that I'm interested in as well, but that will have to wait until more financial means are available as GMT releases are nearly always at least a year away from the point they're on P500 whereas a company Compass Games has a much shorter pre-order/completion cycle.

Thankfully, if all goes well I'll join the Stalingrad '42 test team next month so the wait before I can play that will hopefully be short.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Rybon66

Mantic Games Vanguard on Kickstarter.   Well because the group I play with enjoy Kings of War.