FREE --> Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag @ Ubisoft.com

Started by steve58, December 11, 2017, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

https://free.ubisoft.com/promotions/assassins-creed-black-flag/16/

Note, must register via the promotion website of obtain offer. The game will automatically be added to your library and must use Uplay client to launch game.

Offer valid through December 18, 2017 at 10AM UTC
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

This was a great game. Anyone with even a passing interest in the series should jump on this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Free?? Wow I should have waited another couple of years. It is a great game as JH posts. I am currently playing its sequel, Rogue, set in colonial New York, with the same naval combat model as Black Flag. Great fun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Got it! Thanks for the heads-up, Steve. O0

Thanks to JH and Gus for the recommendations, too.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Pete Dero

This is just the base game right ?  (the one I already have ...)

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 11, 2017, 01:24:25 PM
This is just the base game right ?  (the one I already have ...)

Our hero (okay, my Alter-ego, my Animus?): a) swims with his boots on (and would one wear boots on a ship?  Seems unlikely) and then is
b) horribly threatened by a flintlock pistol that has been immersed in sea water
c) I'd be more worried about his pistoleer who can swim with a pistol and uniform...the man must be extremely...something (suitable only for cut-scenes?)

JasonPratt

Quote from: MengJiao on October 08, 2018, 10:21:20 AM
.the man must be extremely...something (suitable only for cut-scenes?)

...bouyant? Like, does high alcohol content float?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 08, 2018, 12:04:17 PM

Bouyant!  Yes!  Now that I've found you can skip the cut-scenes, I'm having a fine time leaping around the jungle.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 08, 2018, 12:22:56 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 08, 2018, 12:04:17 PM

Bouyant!  Yes!  Now that I've found you can skip the cut-scenes, I'm having a fine time leaping around the jungle.

And Visiting the Simulation office(the obnoxious boss strongly resembles the real lead director who ran the project from Prince of Persia all the way to Assassin's Creed (s)), where my Animus reads about his Animus on the Animus:

MengJiao

Thinking about how to make two Oscelots into one two-pistol holster set when I only have one pistol:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 11, 2018, 12:58:05 PM

Thinking about how to make two Oscelots into one two-pistol holster set when I only have one pistol:

Well, the ship gets going and things are looking pretty Caribean:

MengJiao

MengJiao

The three droopy blobs under the row of blobs could be parts of the glyphs for "Chocolate" or "He was imprisoned"

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 16, 2018, 03:01:48 PM

The three droopy blobs under the row of blobs could be parts of the glyphs for "Chocolate" or "He was imprisoned"

More glyphs (numbers? dates? Intransitive verbs?):