Happy Easter from Matrix!

Started by Geezer, April 18, 2019, 08:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

FlickJax

Some are cheaper on Fanatical...

Pete Dero

I'm looking at Armored Brigade.

Any thoughts on the current state of the game ?

Father Ted

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 18, 2019, 12:26:00 PM

Ditto

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Father Ted on April 18, 2019, 12:33:14 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on April 18, 2019, 12:26:00 PM

Ditto

I have been too busy to play recently...but I had a heck of a good time with it, even just after its first release. The only PC game I ever played that reminds me of my youth playing micro-armor on the floor of my basement.  Enemy AI was a little weak as I recall, but could certainly hold its own of defense.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DoctorQuest

Me thinks it's time for some CMANO DLCs.......................
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

solops

Picked missing FoG2 DLC in prep for FoG Empires.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Geezer

I'm also eyeing the FoG2 DLC's.  Haven't played the game in some time but might get back to it with some fresh troops.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Grim.Reaper

I really think I have finally run out of things to buy from Matrix until they release some of their newer stuff......it's sad, the compulsive buyer in me wants to buy something, but I have everything I want...so sad:(

DoctorQuest

I went with CMANO: Silent Service. That looks good and it IS on sale.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

nelmsm

Perfect as my anniversary  coupon should hit Sunday as well!!  Probably pick up Armored Brigade, CMANO Silent Service and maybe a FOGII dlc.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 18, 2019, 07:49:44 PM
I really think I have finally run out of things to buy from Matrix until they release some of their newer stuff......it's sad, the compulsive buyer in me wants to buy something, but I have everything I want...so sad:(

+1, and not everything matrix publishes is that great...  Mare Nostrum and Check Your Six were impulse purchases that I later regretted.  I have everything I really want from matrix now. So sitting this sale out.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 19, 2019, 08:24:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 18, 2019, 07:49:44 PM

+1, and not everything matrix publishes is that great...  Mare Nostrum and Check Your Six were impulse purchases that I later regretted.  I have everything I really want from matrix now. So sitting this sale out.
Kind of where I'm at, although I did take a hard look at Aggressors. But at the end of the day I have similiar games I haven't touched much yet.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I know a lot of people love Aggressors, but after having played it several hours on release, months ago, I just wasn't feeling it. Would have refunded had I not already passed the 2 hour mark.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

I picked up Armored Brigade. Just finished the first scenario. No regrets...except maybe waiting so long to grab it.