Civ 5 AAR - Empires of the Smoky Skies

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2016, 08:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

You suck, Brant. I didn't know this scenario existed. Now I'm going to have to go find it.  >:(

Barthheart

Why not plop yer next 2 cities so they have those natural wonders you found 1st turn?  :idiot2:
They both will give you a huge early boost. and they are not that far from your capitol so roads won't be expensive.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 04, 2016, 07:54:42 AM
You suck, Brant. I didn't know this scenario existed. Now I'm going to have to go find it.  >:(

Gods + Kings expansion
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on February 04, 2016, 08:13:41 AM
Why not plop yer next 2 cities so they have those natural wonders you found 1st turn?  :idiot2:
They both will give you a huge early boost. and they are not that far from your capitol so roads won't be expensive.

Trying to get onto the coast for seaborne traffic.  Watch and see, grasshopper :)

Barthheart

Coast smoast! What kind of min-maxer are you anyway.  :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on February 04, 2016, 08:15:57 AMCoast smoast! What kind of min-maxer are you anyway.  :P

the kind who has a pretty good track record of winning Civ5 games ;)

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 04, 2016, 08:27:00 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 04, 2016, 08:15:57 AMCoast smoast! What kind of min-maxer are you anyway.  :P

Is that a challenge?  :coolsmiley:

BanzaiCat

I have all of the Civ V expansions, including G+K, so it should be on my HD somewhere.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on February 04, 2016, 08:30:54 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 04, 2016, 08:27:00 AM

Is that a challenge?  :coolsmiley:

Yes, but we're going to use the clipped-corners mod for the strategic view...

Barthheart

Pfft... no one uses the strategic view.  ::)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on February 04, 2016, 10:18:55 AM
Pfft... no one uses the strategic view.  ::)

That's true. 700-some hours into Civ V and I didn't even know there was a strategic view until I saw it in Brant's last AAR.

Boggit

I didn't even know this was in the scenarios! :o Nice find and nice start to the AAR. Steampunk is nice and different. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bayonetbrant

It's funny how you mooks want to impugn my Civ capabilities when you don't even know half of what's in the game ::)