Dominion - it's everywhere!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Where can the iOS one be found? It doesn't seem to be at the app shop (which makes sense if it isn't an official port), and while I can find the last unofficial Android port its page didn't seem to mention an iOS version. I googled last night but had to leave before getting far.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Whilst poking around a few weeks ago, I found several mentions of a game called Tanto Cuore (think I spelled that right), which was designed by a fan of Dominion who felt frustrated that he didn't have a mobile version of Dom so he ported the rules over to a new ip.

So yay, I bought it!

The gameplay is certainly... strategic enough. I guess. Production values are very high.

Did I mention the designer is Japanese?

Did I mention the designer was previously known for dating sims?

Have I mentioned yet the concept of the game is to become "The King of Maids", and to collect what amounts to a public and private harem?

I was told the skeevy theme wasn't outright obscene, and this is true. But still, we're talking about a game where you power up each turn by collecting and playing a particular set of cards where one of the underage-looking-maids is caught dry humping a heart shaped pillow. Or two. Or three. (Pillows I mean, not maids.)

So I just decided to wait until a proper port of Dominion (and/or until the current version is bugstomped into shape), and deleted it from the phone.

But if anyone is feeling very desperate this valentine's day...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AM
Whilst poking around a few weeks ago, I found several mentions of a game called Tanto Cuore (think I spelled that right), which was designed by a fan of Dominion who felt frustrated that he didn't have a mobile version of Dom so he ported the rules over to a new ip.
Sounds like Fortunes of War

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMSo yay, I bought it!
wait, you have to *pay* for apps?!  Who knew?

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMThe gameplay is certainly... strategic enough. I guess. Production values are very high.
Always a good sign for a mobile game

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMDid I mention the designer is Japanese?
No.

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMDid I mention the designer was previously known for dating sims?
Oy.

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMHave I mentioned yet the concept of the game is to become "The King of Maids", and to collect what amounts to a public and private harem?
Wait, this is sounding promising

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMI was told the skeevy theme wasn't outright obscene, and this is true. But still, we're talking about a game where you power up each turn by collecting and playing a particular set of cards where one of the underage-looking-maids is caught dry humping a heart shaped pillow.
well now

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMOr two.
hey there

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMOr three.
w00t!

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AM(Pillows I mean, not maids.)
oh.         

bummer.

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMSo I just decided to wait until a proper port of Dominion (and/or until the current version is bugstomped into shape), and deleted it from the phone.
Hey, if you're on a 'droid, Androminion is definitely worth it, now that the v3 UI has been unfuggled

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 12, 2014, 08:39:39 AMBut if anyone is feeling very desperate this valentine's day...

paging Gus!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Alas, I'm on iOS not on Android.

Fortunes of War sounds promising though; I'll check into that... CURSES! not on iOS either...

Meanwhile, here is a Starlit Citadel review of the physical card game. The mobile version is just like this but with more, um, sound effects. (Not entirely what you're thinking.)

bayonetbrant

I just finished an Androminion game where I ended up with all 12 colonies at the end of a 4-player game

bayonetbrant

so here's a badass score on Androminion...