At The Gates Makes It!

Started by Bismarck, March 08, 2013, 10:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

It's Kickstarter goal was surpassed and the game will be released in June 2014.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jonshafer/jon-shafers-at-the-gates?ref=email
Jim Cobb

Sir Slash

Looks very interesting. One I'll follow.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

son_of_montfort

Crap! I meant to KS it! I will be content with getting it like everyone else. That is a LONG time away.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

Always good to see more Ancients stuff.   ;D

steve58

a Spacesector interview with Conifer Games on At the Gates.

I didn't get in on the Kickstarter, but am looking forward to this one.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

SgtRock

Nice to see games like this can make it with kickstarter.

W8taminute

That does look like a good game.  I'm intrigued with campaigning ferociously before winter sets in.  Plus, not that this matters, the team working on this project look cool. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Greybriar

To add icing to the cake, Jon Shafer posted: "AtG will be available DRM-free from our website. We're hoping to release on Steam, but the game won't require it in any way."

I am very much looking forward to At the Gates.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

steve58

Well its been some time since I've heard anything about this one, but a long Lets Play video covering the first year of game time has been released.  He says in the video its still in alpha, so I don't expect we'll be seeing this one anytime soon.

Rayfer

Interesting looking game.  The video is over an hour long....does anyone actually watch it from start to finish? I tend to click along the line at the bottom watching a minute or so here and there, maybe 5 to 10 minutes total.  Just curious.

undercovergeek

unless i got it wrong the map area seems to be the same size at the start as it does at the end - so it could be a long involved game

JasonPratt

Why have I not yet squeed this game yet??

(squee)

Incidentally, I got a bit of a Balor of the Evil Eye vibe from this game. Anyone else remember that?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Quote from: Rayfer on October 17, 2014, 09:37:30 AM
Interesting looking game.  The video is over an hour long....does anyone actually watch it from start to finish? I tend to click along the line at the bottom watching a minute or so here and there, maybe 5 to 10 minutes total.  Just curious.

I actually did watch the whole video and really liked what I saw...wishing I'd backed the Kickstarter now, but will definitively be picking this one up when it comes out.  Some interesting features:  changing seasons reflected on the map, less movement penalty to cross a frozen river vs unfrozen, you can/will eventually be required to pack up your encampment and move when you deplete nearby resources.  I also really liked the water color-type graphics...